SAU Community

They're not eligible currently, but theoretically they could be. Given that Y34s are off to a pretty slow start (which is unfortunate - they're excellent cars), I'd think you'd have a hard time convincing a workshop to take one on as a test car. The C35 Laurel on the other hand...

are you having trouble finding a workshop for the C35 Kristian or were you just saying that its another nice car that will be eligible soon?

No problems finding a workshop to do the C35, just problems finding the article to make them eligible under SEVS. It may have to wait till my next Japan trip to test one and write the damn thing myself.

• 5 months later...

WHOA WHAT!!!!!!!!

JZX110 and now Y33!?!?!??!

THIS IS LIKE ALL MY XMAS's come at once!!!!!

y33-cima-1.jpg

vip8.jpg

ARGHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!! so exciting!!!!! WHAT TO DO!!!!!!!!

hmm... zx110 interior = nicer...

but Y33 cima is sooooooooooooooooooooo amazing...

I think I might know someone in Melb who would do it... time to start twisting some arms :(

WHOA WHAT!!!!!!!!

JZX110 and now Y33!?!?!??!

THIS IS LIKE ALL MY XMAS's come at once!!!!!

y33-cima-1.jpg

vip8.jpg

ARGHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!! so exciting!!!!! WHAT TO DO!!!!!!!!

hmm... zx110 interior = nicer...

but Y33 cima is sooooooooooooooooooooo amazing...

I think I might know someone in Melb who would do it... time to start twisting some arms :thumbsup:

Better chance of importing Lada's then workshops looking at models like that going on how screwed up it is at the moment.

Better chance of importing Lada's then workshops looking at models like that going on how screwed up it is at the moment.

Some compliance shops seem to be doing a LOT better than others and are still taking on new cars, hopefully I can sweet talk them. Maybe I'll have to buy the test car.. but then it can't be Bippu styles and that makes me a sad panda.

Some compliance shops seem to be doing a LOT better than others and are still taking on new cars, hopefully I can sweet talk them. Maybe I'll have to buy the test car.. but then it can't be Bippu styles and that makes me a sad panda.

Problem is they don't want to commit to the evidence costs or people preparing the evidence do not want to expend there money on a few peoples opinion, the Cube and EVO V are more value to a workshop over an unknown entity.

I got the Y34 on the schedule and they haven't taken off as they are so under rated which is why the evidence I have hasn't been used. I also have an F50 VIP Cima and both are later model cars compared to the Y33 which is another thing against them.

Problem is they don't want to commit to the evidence costs or people preparing the evidence do not want to expend there money on a few peoples opinion, the Cube and EVO V are more value to a workshop over an unknown entity.

I got the Y34 on the schedule and they haven't taken off as they are so under rated which is why the evidence I have hasn't been used. I also have an F50 VIP Cima and both are later model cars compared to the Y33 which is another thing against them.

I think the real problem there is, the Y34 and F50 jumped on the list right when our exchange rate went right down the toilet and the "GFC" (fvk I hate that acronym!) hit. Dealers didn't jump onto anything new, sticking with tried and tested and so they just didn't do much. I think if a few more were coming in, it would have a snowball effect.

Just my 2 cents -worked with the Aristo :blush:

I think the real problem there is, the Y34 and F50 jumped on the list right when our exchange rate went right down the toilet and the "GFC" (fvk I hate that acronym!) hit. Dealers didn't jump onto anything new, sticking with tried and tested and so they just didn't do much. I think if a few more were coming in, it would have a snowball effect.

Just my 2 cents -worked with the Aristo :down:

When the Y34 was put on the schedule in June 2008 it was 100 yen to the AUS dollar as I also bought a Cube in July 2008, my F50 Cima was plated in DEC 2006 so the exchange rate couldn't of been the problem.

They are an unknown entity as well which takes time to build a following, remember how people hated the M35 Stagea and CPV35.

I drove a Y33 Cima on and off for 12 months, they are getting too old and tired compared to Y34's and F50's.

When the Y34 was put on the schedule in June 2008 it was 100 yen to the AUS dollar as I also bought a Cube in July 2008, my F50 Cima was plated in DEC 2006 so the exchange rate couldn't of been the problem.

They are an unknown entity as well which takes time to build a following, remember how people hated the M35 Stagea and CPV35.

I drove a Y33 Cima on and off for 12 months, they are getting too old and tired compared to Y34's and F50's.

I do agree that it takes time to build the following - this happens by guys like us getting onto them, getting them in and making people see how damn cool they are :( The fact that there's only a handful on carsales means people don't have a basis for comparison of different models and prices. Sh1t, I think I've almost talked myself into one...