SAU Community

0 - 100kph Times

09GTR

Made the leap to the R35 aye Sam? What are your thoughts on it? Be pretty keen to hear your impressions on it and real world running costs further down the track.

Gotta post pics up! Especially on e46.f!

Still got the 7/2?

yeh the 2 is at the warehouse, solely for weekend street use and waxing :D

GTR is my daily now and is unreal, slowly starting to use a heavier foot as the kms tick by, and its brilliant. Does everything i thought it would do and more

Edited by domino_z

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is pretty tricky and does not work 100% of the time.It took me quite a few tries to figure out what the other guys were trying to explain.

1. Press the brake hard with your left foot and hold.

2. Stab the accelerator as fast as you can: the ECU reads that speed of the gas pedal movement to the floor. You should get 2800-3000RPM in 70% of attempts.

If you press the gas pedal just a bit slower, it may seem fast enough, but your revs will only climb to 2000-2200RPM and stall.

3. If you get the 2800-3000RPM at the first attempt, let go of the brake before the revs stall at the limit and hold on to the steering wheel! You should hopefully record 0-100 in under 4 sec.

If the engine stalls at around 2000-2200RPM, you won't get any lower than 4.1-4.3 sec. The 0.2-03 sec difference is in the first 20m.

Good luck.

an old post but thanks for posting anway..

I launched at 2200rpm and got a 3.88. It felt very boggy after launch.. I will try your trick and see what time i get.

Stuart, you looking for an edge? :ermm:

June 15 at QR will be interesting if Trent has the car ready! I'm sure he would be more than happy to 'enhance' your GTR also.

Druzilla, you should get out to the Paul Ruzic QR time attack days, would love to see more R35's there - and would love to see what yours could do with the mods.