SAU Community

How To Make A Rb25det Like The Mines R34 Gtr?

I have a dyno chart on one of my computers somewhere. But seriously, you touched the throttle and it hammered. Any gear at any road speed, well it was insane. When i drive it at the track it was hell quick even short shifting at 5,000rpm as it had so much midrange. You coudl go real fast without reving the ringer or stressing the cooling systems

I have too disagree on keeping the standard turbo and agree with Roy. A HKS 2530 or a GTRS (or something along those lines) when set up properly is just as responsive as the stock one, if not more.

spot on.

Curious about the recommendation of the HKS 2530 - a mate had one on a RB25DET NEO and it seemed to just run out of puff! He then swapped it for a HKS 2540 and the thing pulls like a frieght train with only a FMIC, EBC and exhaust! (running a Stagea computer though).

Curious about the recommendation of the HKS 2530 - a mate had one on a RB25DET NEO and it seemed to just run out of puff! He then swapped it for a HKS 2540 and the thing pulls like a frieght train with only a FMIC, EBC and exhaust! (running a Stagea computer though).

the area under the graph of the 2530 vs the 2540 proves the loss in bottom end is not worth the extra top end.

im quite aware that an rb25 is not going to stack up at all against the mines rb26, just thought it was a good heading... obviously it was for the responses i have been given.

all im after is a car that has lighting response,well balanced car... wasnt really interested in changing turbo... seems the go though.

thanks for the people with helpfull responses, its all been taking on bored.

cheers james