SAU Community

Drag Racing Ring In Northern Suburbs Smashed

Taso84

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Birds - go and re-read the posts and then try and say they are in a different context :P

Im taking them in the way they were dealt, you are not.

To tell people to 'harden up' and to stop caring about the very club they paid to join (when someone mucks up), is unfair on fellow members.

To say that they should expect this to happen and get over it, is again, unfair.

To also then say that flying the clubs 'colours' doesn't mean you have an obligation to the community, once again, unfair.

I can see your points and fair enough, that however is not the context that that posts you refer to were made unfortunately.

I never said anything about policing it, and im certainly not ignorant of the bigger picture.

To have the opinion that its "just tough" is not a view that a lot of members would appreciate.

Nismoid u are saaaad. You think I am ill-informed?

"And as a side note - I live on Princes Hwy, drive it at all hours of the day/night, never seen a SAU-Vic sticker'd car once in 4 years misbehaving."

Wake up and smell the coffee mate, how very naive of you.

Look, I agree with you that if u do stupid shit whilst wearing the SAU colours then u r tarnishing the club. But mate, u need to stop getting personal everytime i make a post that doesnt necessarily agree with ur opinion. You need to grow up and stop acting like a 5 year old.

And before you call me misinformed maybe you need to get out more and see just what really happens out there on the streets.

Edited by Taso84

Birds - go and re-read the posts and then try and say they are in a different context :devil:

Im taking them in the way they were dealt, you are not.

To tell people to 'harden up' and to stop caring about the very club they paid to join (when someone mucks up), is unfair on fellow members.

To say that they should expect this to happen and get over it, is again, unfair.

To also then say that flying the clubs 'colours' doesn't mean you have an obligation to the community, once again, unfair.

I can see your points and fair enough, that however is not the context that that posts you refer to were made unfortunately.

I never said anything about policing it, and im certainly not ignorant of the bigger picture.

To have the opinion that its "just tough" is not a view that a lot of members would appreciate.

No one said anything about different contexts. All I said was you misinterpreted femno's message IMO.

Alot of people don't like a harsh truth. But the people who accept it are often the most content with shit happening. I challenge members who don't appreciate the "just tough" view to come up with a solution to this problem; this whole thread is looking like The Herald Sun's 50/50 page. I know it's difficult for you to take any other side but the moral high horse because as a club exec you need to be seen with a responsible "we're doing everything we can to stop these hooligans, they won't get away with this" opinion, no matter what. But tell me, do you really believe there is anything you can do that will stop this club-tarnishing behaviour from occurring, other than banning merchandise? If not, then the only rational alternative is to accept it and move on.

Plenty of TMU's know about SAU. They don't need to see Seven News to know which breed of car or club sticker to scrutinise next. Like I implied earlier, this would not be the first incident involving an SAU stickered car. This news spot is not creating any worse an image for SAU with the police than the club already has, however bad/good that reputation may currently be.

These misbehaving members aren't paid employees, they just allign themselves with a club. With their mentality and respect (or lack of) towards the law, do you think they would feel that they owe anything to this club in the form of responsible representation? I think this club does a good job of deterring this kind of behaviour by looking down on it, as idiots have less of an audience to perform for. However, there will always be a minority group of people in every car club who ruin it for everyone else.

When i said "Support your local car club" i got the quote from a song, weapon x and ken hill.

What i was really saying and what i meant by it people need to support car clubs all around and events so they are on more often.

To the guy that said eastanats and summernats ect, eastanats is the only one possible to take your car to and it is on once a year, so that is deffintley not enough events to do burounts and drags.

Plus when you go to these events police camp out and pull over hotted up cars, so this makes people stay away from most events. Thats whats killed summernats in the last few years.

Not saying it is right, but at the illegal street drags when everyone attends its hard to get singled out from police to pull you over because it is such a big crowd 1to600 chance you are going to get pulled over.

So you are unlucky if you do.

Been following all this in the news, the thing I like the most about it all is some of the terminology used like "street racing hoons" I remember back in the good old days when we just had hoons, now we have different types :devil: and the good old "suspected hoon drivers" as well, is it just me or is that another way of saying "anyone we like for no reason"?

As to the topic at hand, pffft I don't think it really matters about the sticker on the car on the news, it's irrelevent these days with all the "hoon" propaganda weather or not u have car club stickers etc. Go take a photo of a skyline with an sau sticker on it, the cleanest stockest example you can find and go ask a 1000 people at the supermarket weather or not the person who owns this car is a hoon, i'm willing to put money down that 90%+ of people will say yes.....

I have just read the whole tread and watched the video, and I just wanna point out that I did not see a single case of drag racing there, just another case of fords and holdens doing their usual shit. I'm very much against all this behaviour on our streets but cops can take it too far sometimes like blaming the Fast and The Furious movie Lol.

I would also like to point out that every time there is such a hoon story on the news they always show burnouts with fords and holdens doing all this crap, yet again the imports always get pulled over and made out to be the worst ones. I really dont think the owner of the Skyline is going to bring more attention to the imports for a parking fine, as we'll still get pulled over regardles and made out to be worst ones. However I think if someone is going to display their club logo they shouldn't attend this sort of meetings or do stupid shit on public roads, as all it can do is damage the club image which is pretty good so far.

I've got teh ANSWER!

The SAU Victoria sticker has 11 letters in it. Each person who signs up to be a "trial member" only gets a letter a year. Come renewal time, if they've been bad, they won't get the next letter. Only after 11 years of good behaiour you'll be a full member and worthy to fly the club's colours :devil:

Cop: I saw you doing burnouts in your ricebox.

Driver: Sorry officer.

Cop: What's this? A car club sticker? Why, I'll make sure we pull over and defect-search each and everyone one of you from SA... what does that stand for?

Driver: er..... Singstar Australia?

I've got teh ANSWER!

The SAU Victoria sticker has 11 letters in it. Each person who signs up to be a "trial member" only gets a letter a year. Come renewal time, if they've been bad, they won't get the next letter. Only after 11 years of good behaiour you'll be a full member and worthy to fly the club's colours :(

Lol, ok, but "SAU Vic" would be enough for most people anyway >_<

Back on topic, its disappointing to see that car with SAU stickers make the news, I don't think the member watching the act is *that* bad. But I don't think its appropriate for the club, that the member should consider or be advised to remove the stickers...

I would completely disagree with any kind of membership cancellation or suspension, everyone does stupid stuff, he wasn't even doing anything illegal, simply watching an illegal act.

To the person who used the example of watching a murder, if you watch a drag race is it the same as you been in the drag race ? I don't think so...

ill also mention that this has gone on for years in campbellfield

when i used to work at a panelshop just around the corner from where it happens

the nights that they would start the shops/workplaces would stay open on foden ave and wait for all the ppl to rock up

and to mention that calder park closing has caused this, isnt true even when calder park was open and cheap this would still happen every week

I dont know if any one else picked up on it but the copper (in the briefing) suggested that it could be due to moving the easternats????

When the hell did easternats move, its always been at easter at sandown.

has anyone heard from the owner of the r33 ? im sure he know's his/her car was on the news.

and has checked the forums. i think they need to PM Ash with their side of the story, in private so it can be worked out.

I would completely disagree with any kind of membership cancellation or suspension, everyone does stupid stuff, he wasn't even doing anything illegal, simply watching an illegal act.

To the person who used the example of watching a murder, if you watch a drag race is it the same as you been in the drag race ? I don't think so...

I agree. I was at the Noble Park riots going back a few years ago. Was I there watching burnouts? Yes. Did I take part in the damage to police cars, taxis, etc.? Absolutely not. When that started happening I had no way of safely leaving without having my car damaged because I was parked in the middle of it.

I think banning him from the club for being in the vicinity at the time (we'll assume he was spectating) is a little harsh. I doubt anyone watching including the police took notice of the little sticker. Up until a couple a few years ago I can say that I did spectate at things like this, but the majority of people grow out of that phase (myself included.) He made a mistake and is copping a fine for it. You would hope this was a learning experience for him.