SAU Community

Fuel Consumption

hi,

i have just recentlly bought a r33 skyline and my fuel consumption is so crap i may aswell own a fuel guzzling v8 or something :( .

the mods are- fmic, plum back greddy bov, rear muffler boxes replaced with jasma stainless steel ones, apexi pod style filter and everything else is pretty much standard.

im running it on shell optimax premium fuel and struggling to get past 350kms to a tank. and thats driving it like a granny.

im gonna get it serviced and change the fuel filter too and see if that makes a difference. but its driving me nuts, it pi...ng me off.

what do you guys think or do you have any suggestions???

please help

cheers

post-62967-1242641905_thumb.jpg

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

been written about a billion times before.....

Spark plugs, throttle body clean, afm clean and most importantly change your 02 sensor,,,, i didnt wanna spend $220 on a genuwine nissan 02 sensor so i just got a $60 EL falcon one from repco... i get 500km/tank now.... before was only only 300

Ok thanks :( , glad someone could help me...i was contemplating getting rid of it for that particular reason!

Will post back after i fix it and will let u know how it goes.

Thanks for the compliment its schmick

• 1 month later...
been written about a billion times before.....

Spark plugs, throttle body clean, afm clean and most importantly change your 02 sensor,,,, i didnt wanna spend $220 on a genuwine nissan 02 sensor so i just got a $60 EL falcon one from repco... i get 500km/tank now.... before was only only 300

wow~ that is cool~~ been able to increase fuel economy just by changing the o2 sensor! what bout r34 gtt? is it the same way to increase fuel economy?

i think the O2 sensor will only increase fuel economy if it is not working.

i currently am running no O2 sensors because i am waiting on genuine ones. i'm getting terrible fuel economy on a brand new engine. it should do a lot more kms per tank once installed.

call petroject (now known as logicar) if your in melb. 9873 7006. i got an NGK/NTK o2 sensor from them today for around $100. direct fit, now gotta hope my fuel usage goes down from ~250km per tank lol.

Edited by JCaSs1001

how many litres are you classing as a tank? shits me when people just say "a tank" because a dodgy fuel sender can mean that it reads empty after using 35L.

put your economy into L/100kms. my 33 would get about 10L/100km on the highway and about 17L/100km round town because i drove a lot of short trips where it would still be on cold start enrichment, and when it was warm i would fang it a bit.

also you can get a direct fit replacement o2 sensor from repco, autobarn, etc. the new ngk catalogues have the part number listed for them. and if it doesn't just order the one for a n15 SSS pulsar as it uses the same one.

^^ still i have quite a few drift guys who fill in melbourne drive to and drift all day @ winton and easily make it back on one tank.

Thats impressive. 5 hours driving plus drifting all day on 1 tank? mine could never do that..
drifting is not to bad as most of the day is spent waiting in line :D, superlap or sprint style would not be a possibilty though. Athids s15 was one (FF cover car) http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/ma...l&p=4478142

I have a R33 gtst and have the same issue with fuel consumption, 300kms per tank driving sensibly :D

But i guess it's better than my old VL calais turbo 200-220 per tank.