SAU Community

Yellow Jacket Coil Packs

I decided against the coil packs that sit in the valley between the 2 cam shafts, so I made my own custome setup that works better and is much cheaper by using 3 holden commodore VT coil packs bought brand new for 45 dollars each and 6 igntion lead to suite required length came to a grand total of no more than 160 dollars after purchasing the mounting brackets.

110,000 thousand volts of pure electricity with a wasted spark mode for better fuel economy and the coil packs last longer and are cheaper and more readily available to purchase.

So think about that option as well I think it's a great idea works very well and I have been using it for 9 months now and not a drama and have increased power and fuel economy.

Splitfires ......... :devil: Get them. They are very good. This system replaces the original equipment coil pack and ignition wires with a direct ignition coil on plug system. The increased ignition performance found with the SplitFire Super Direct Ignition System is a must for all racing and performance enthusiasts.

I decided against the coil packs that sit in the valley between the 2 cam shafts, so I made my own custome setup that works better and is much cheaper by using 3 holden commodore VT coil packs bought brand new for 45 dollars each and 6 igntion lead to suite required length came to a grand total of no more than 160 dollars after purchasing the mounting brackets.

110,000 thousand volts of pure electricity with a wasted spark mode for better fuel economy and the coil packs last longer and are cheaper and more readily available to purchase.

So think about that option as well I think it's a great idea works very well and I have been using it for 9 months now and not a drama and have increased power and fuel economy.

i get these things in all the time and 9 times out of ten they are no better than stock.... in fact i just had a 4dr r32 in that would not crack over 15psi without closing the plugs down to .5mm.... it was using the AU setup. Best bet is new COPs or aftermarket COPS.

thats why wen my coils failed i bought a set of R34 GTR vspec coilpacks with under 40,000kms, and they work an absolute treat

ps. r33 series 2 and r34 gtr coilpacks are the same >_<

they might be hard to come by, but i found some almost straight away

cheers

Is it possible that these bigger coils need larger dwell time to charge up? I hooked up an oscilloscope the stock dwell time was only 1.8/2ms or something like that.

i get these things in all the time and 9 times out of ten they are no better than stock.... in fact i just had a 4dr r32 in that would not crack over 15psi without closing the plugs down to .5mm.... it was using the AU setup. Best bet is new COPs or aftermarket COPS.

• 2 weeks later...
thanks everyone for your comments, obviously these are ok then, not a complete waste of time ...

regards

not at all. I have a had a set on my S1 R33 GTST for around 5 months now and they havent skipped a beat. They fixed my misfire issue instantly and Ive been giving em hell and they are strong as. Quite a few people are using these now and they are very happy. I got mine direct from paul at www.performance-wise.com and they also come with a 12 month warranty which as good as it gets with these products. I think there is a group buy for them here now on SAU aswell and theres also few good comments and info about these in the group buy thread aswell. Get em. You wont regret it and you'll have some change to get other mods :ermm: