SAU Community

New Car

Jor33dan

lawl you cant see the snail char....

Umm really you'd be better off doing the work yourself, mechanics will do the work if you really want them to. Costs money though when generally its not too difficult to do it yourself.

lawl you cant see the snail char....

Umm really you'd be better off doing the work yourself, mechanics will do the work if you really want them to. Costs money though when generally its not too difficult to do it yourself.

kk i might as well give it a go.just dont wanna screw anything up aye thats my main worry.......

Dont pay a mechanic to do it, its not too hard.

Start off with painting/polishing your rocker cover and spark plug cover. Next, take all your intake piping off and get it sanded/polished. Looks mint when thats done. Relocate your fuse box to under the dash, hide your overflow bottle and washer bottle, and carbon canister. If your more serious, hide all your wiring, get a GReddy forward facing manifold, and a highmount turbo. Then go nuts with the chroming/painting until everything is perfect.

+1 easy mod is take off your fuse box lid and sand it back so all the writing is gone then sand with p800 and give it a coat of plastic primer and head down to supa cheap autos get ur self a can of 2pac. spray paint and go nuts.. then mabe a coat of clear that will give u a gloss shine..

if u FU*K it up go to reckers and get a nother one for 10buks

working on cars makes you bleed? agreed!

I always end up cutting myself somehow :nyaanyaa: some people might say i am on loan from the active foundation haha

well if used correctly it is lol, ie:bleed the brakes/clutch :P but yeahh, im a 3rd year nissan apprentice and i can tell you right now i guarentee that if your gunna work on a car you'l always find something to cut yourself on no matter what your doing :sick:

Yeh very true, i sliced my thumb open when i was replacing my gear knob :(

not too good aye..what parts can i pull out that arent necesary?

There is a big reservoir attached to the firewall on the drivers side. You can remove that, it isn't necessary for going fast or doing skids. :P

No but seriously if you want to do it properly it is going to cost big dollars. (ie. chroming everything you see, rewiring the engine bay so all the wires disappear, painting various things). Just enjoy your car and put some money towards some basic mods like a good stereo, exhaust, some nice rims and whatever else you would like to do.

Man, you could practically eat out of that engine bay it's so clean.

When rooting around in your engine bay, you will bleed no matter what, you don't even have to be doing anything major, and you will still bleed. And when you do, you usually won't notice it until you start bleeding on things you shouldn't ............ Fkn RB30's in VL's **shakes fist**

take a photo of your engine bay and we can see whats stock and whats not.

Then we can give you a list of simple things to take out and polish up.

ps do you want me to fix your username up to show a user name and not ur email?

post-61316-1243260427_thumb.jpg

We generally use the search function to be honest.

Come to a meet or something, ask around for Greg.

I can talk you through some things.

It gets pretty expensive once you get past the suggestions made by Michael on the first page.

We generally use the search function to be honest.

Come to a meet or something, ask around for Greg.

I can talk you through some things.

It gets pretty expensive once you get past the suggestions made by Michael on the first page.

ok i shall do that

where a meets?

what are they?

i was just wondering what about the "engine bay wash" at those kwik kleen DIY carwash in?

anyone have tried that before, i was just thinking to clean it just a little not up to the std of showroom look?

or should i just stick with a steam cleaner?

how do u guys clean ur engine bay anyway?

check the events section. At this point I'll be going to the cruise on saturday.

I clean my engine bay with degreaser and a hose.

Wrap up my reservoirs/alternator/fuse box/fill the coilpack channelo thing with rags then plastic on top/ i think im missing something else.

Spray degreaser, wait 15mins, spray water, scrub anythign that didnt come off easy right away, leave bonnet open in sun to help dry.

Couple hours later, unwrap reservoirs etc, give those bits a wipe down.

done.

This has been done once ever. Waste's a good few hours.