SAU Community

Sau-vic Hoodies Are Coming...

R31Nismoid

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Please read the June General Meeting thread... It has much more of the discussion

End of the day - Nope is the answer.

You don't buy a Holden Executive, Mitsubishi Lancer hoodie and so on - You buy a HSV/Ralliart one, or you dont have one! :banana:

The Committee can't please everyone. SAU-Vic is on there, and there is also the URL... so ye.

Either way - discussions not for this thread if at all possible.

That's odd, I didn't realise this was the SAU VIC GTR club. I guess driving a GTS-T doesn't constitute driving a "Skyline" anymore?

You don't buy a Holden Executive, Mitsubishi Lancer hoodie and so on - You buy a HSV/Ralliart one, or you dont have one! :down:

+1

especially when you consider that in Japan (yes, the mecca where all our cars came from) most "skylines" are like, 4-door family cars. When I went there a few years ago and I told my friend I drove a sportscar - a Nissan Skyline, she laughed at me (didn't know the meaning of GTR).

+1

especially when you consider that in Japan (yes, the mecca where all our cars came from) most "skylines" are like, 4-door family cars. When I went there a few years ago and I told my friend I drove a sportscar - a Nissan Skyline, she laughed at me (didn't know the meaning of GTR).

We don't live in Japan, we live in Australia where the Nissan Skyline is commonly identified as a sports / performance car. To put an Commodore Executive and a Mitsubishi Lancer in the same category as a Nissan skyline (in any of its varieties) is nothing short of a joke.

Contrary to previous statements in this thread, I think you'll find that the Committee probably could have pleased everyone in formulating a design, perhaps by ensuring that the primary focus remained on the identification of Skylines Australia Victoria (i.e the Club), and not on a specific type of vehicle that perhaps only 30-40% of the club actually own.

My understanding is that the Committee is an elected body chosen to represent the interests of all SAU VIC members (please correct me if i'm wrong). Regardless of whether you drive a GTS, GTS-T or GTR, we all belong to the same organisation, and presumably pay the same membership fee. My only argument is that if we are going to pay to be involved in the club, then the design of clothing / any other merchandise should reflect the interests of everybody, and not only a select few.

My intention in contributing to this thread isn't to start a shit-fight, but rather to provide some food for thought, particularly when the design of the next round of hoodies is being considered / formulated (pre-supposing another batch will be produced). I can only hope that my comments are taken on board. :down:

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, just wondering if anyone knew what size (now that that sizes are corrected) would fit me - around 177 cm (5'9) and 75 kg. Hoping lots of other SAU'ers are those dimensions and have bought a hoodie to share their experience...

Oh, BTW, what material are they made of? Can you put them in the washing machine?

Thanks.