SAU Community

R34 Gtt Dash Lights

So it started out with buying blue replacment LED's for the clusters from 666DAN... but my climate controll lights didnt work, i honestly didnt even know if they were meant to have lights..

took it all appart to find that i had everything needed to turn the existing blown bulbs into blue LED's laying about in my workshop...

oney.jpg

twom.jpg

threet.jpg

fourq.jpg

five.jpg

six.jpg

seven.jpg

eightx.jpg

Looks SWEET now, gonna have a go at getting the LCD backlight blue tomorrow maybe...

I was also thinking about mounting 2 blue LED's inside the air vents so small amounts of blue light comes out of the vents... But on the other hand... That might be too much blue, As the new sterio is gonna be blue theamed aswell.

If i decide to do the Air vent LED's does anyone know the easiest spot to tap into the light circuit?

Thats sick! I really want to get mine done, but I've run into so much trouble with it. My last attempt killed one of the LED's. Couldn't find a replacement, so got a whole AC unit replaced.

My original unit was from a series 2 so it had different lights.. now I'm not even sure what LED globes I need from Dan666..... *sigh*

you need to place a resistor in series with the LED to limit the current, other wise it basically shorts out the unit.

i used 2* 180 ohm resistors giving 360ohm total that limited the current to around 25mA whish is the value that these specific LED's create the maximum light output

Slightly off topic but does anyone know how to even out the bright vs dull spots on the dash? I too have recently fitted white multi-angle LED's (from 666DAN) to my R34GTR.

Slightly off topic but does anyone know how to even out the bright vs dull spots on the dash? I too have recently fitted white multi-angle LED's (from 666DAN) to my R34GTR.

Don't think it's possible man. I've got this kit of 666DAN also and it's the best it can be afaik. I think red LED's make it perfect but.

Here is my setup... I've changed the double DIN HU to Snigle and put a consult display unit underneath.

09072008007Small.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...
So it started out with buying blue replacment LED's for the clusters from 666DAN... but my climate controll lights didnt work, i honestly didnt even know if they were meant to have lights..

took it all appart to find that i had everything needed to turn the existing blown bulbs into blue LED's laying about in my workshop...

oney.jpg

twom.jpg

threet.jpg

fourq.jpg

five.jpg

six.jpg

seven.jpg

eightx.jpg

Looks SWEET now, gonna have a go at getting the LCD backlight blue tomorrow maybe...

I was also thinking about mounting 2 blue LED's inside the air vents so small amounts of blue light comes out of the vents... But on the other hand... That might be too much blue, As the new sterio is gonna be blue theamed aswell.

If i decide to do the Air vent LED's does anyone know the easiest spot to tap into the light circuit?

very nice.... i like it..

You can never have too much blue lol i can barely see out my windscreen at night so many cobalt guages in my face, lol looks maad but i think a lower voltage transformer or somethin might be in order....

Looks cool man.

• 4 weeks later...

That looks really sick mate. To bad I can't make mine Blue I'm force to do it red. Main reason is the R34 GT T series II has a film over the dash so on well I am happy for you. It turn out really nice and sick :D . Think of blue neon above the pedals and under seat as well.

I did the same with mine but with red LEDS to match my Nismo cluster, but ended up taking the red ones out of the climate control display due to the very obvious light and dark patches :l