SAU Community

Missfiring Again!?

I'VE BEEN CHASING MY FLAT SPOT FOR AGES (R32 RB20)

(opps caps on not retyping it)

started with a flat spot at 4 through till about 5.5 or 6

have managed to close it down to about 4 to just under 5 but its still there

does it sound like the car is going great and the turbo is spooled but you just go no where?

check things like ground points

everything is tight (my rocker covers were loose and causing random idleing and it was quite noisy (no leaks tho)

inlet mani was loose

air filter was dirty

old plugs

etc etc

message is, check everything!!!

and if you find the answar please tell me asap please!!!

nearly running ok

running bkr6e-11 and gapped smaller (measured by eye lol, but all the same) at a guess .9

bkr is the v grove coppers (supposed to give fatter spark)

car also runs jjr coilpacks too

the car has an rb25 turbo on it which pushes it to about 12-14 psi (gear dependant)

so i think its running into r&r

playing with the timing helped (found the cas bracket was snapped in two so it was throwing timing out!)

may need a tune but was gonna get a consult port adaptor off ebay to check all the sensors readings (about $50 + free software and shows every reading the ecu gets)

Ive changed my plugs to BCPR6ES and they are gapped to about .85mm, I've got JJR coilpacks aswell, I've got a Apexi pod (thats about a year old) and its not dirty at all... I've checked most things so I think it comes down to this being rnr...unless there is something else i can check????

I'm planning to get toshi to remap my ecu... do you guys think it will get rid of this flat spot?

nearly running ok

running bkr6e-11 and gapped smaller (measured by eye lol, but all the same) at a guess .9

bkr is the v grove coppers (supposed to give fatter spark)

car also runs jjr coilpacks too

the car has an rb25 turbo on it which pushes it to about 12-14 psi (gear dependant)

so i think its running into r&r

playing with the timing helped (found the cas bracket was snapped in two so it was throwing timing out!)

may need a tune but was gonna get a consult port adaptor off ebay to check all the sensors readings (about $50 + free software and shows every reading the ecu gets)

there is a member on here who sells the consult cables (newkleer i think). they are a little bit more than the ebay ones though, but you can get them with a usb plug on it. i got one of him and it works great. and there is plenty of free software available. most of it all seems to do the same thing.

i have also used the bkr6e plugs. no noticable gain over the bcpr6es plugs, but then i wasn't having missfire issues (well at least not after i pulled out the stuffed iridium plugs)