SAU Community

Best Mods $1000aus To Spend

Hey guys ,

Im feeling the mod bug and After my research i have decided on :

PERFORMANCE : MOTORDYNE SPACER 5/16"

K&N DROP IN FILTER

Z-TUBE

EXTERIOR : CLEAR CORNERS

I currently have a Fujitsubo exhaust system im told i have high flow cats .Can someone tell me how i can comfirm this i have no idea what they look like. I have the impul ecu installed which nobody can tune. Another question after i install these performance mods i read im suppose to re-tune the ecu do i have to do this as well. I did i dyno run (161.4rwkw ) and the guy said it's running alittle rich at the end so i figured added this will even itself out am i right ?

Also got the nismo lip kit , recaro seats , advan 151c 19" wheels.

Where is the cheapest place to get all this? Riverside infinity? everythingg35 ? And with the k&n filter im really keen on getting that whitlsing sound will i get it ? Does anyone else have any idea what i should invest in appearance wise ? i was thinking about a rim change my pic below .

How much is those sway bars and whats the best one to get and from where ?

Thanks in advance .

post-55737-1243061522_thumb.jpg

Edited by manda23

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

that rims looks alright, why you'd wanna change it? what sort of looks u got in mind?

i have seen a few silver v35 with the volk looks nice . I figured sell these ones and then spend a few extra $$ and get these.

post-55737-1243062692_thumb.jpg

about the whilst sound, i installed my JW intake, and is having that sound, BUT I am not sure if it is caused by a leak or wat, as i installed it myself (i m still a beginner!!) performance gain? MOST people will say there is NONE.. read more.. on this forum or G35driver.

about the whilst sound, i installed my JW intake, and is having that sound, BUT I am not sure if it is caused by a leak or wat, as i installed it myself (i m still a beginner!!) performance gain? MOST people will say there is NONE.. read more.. on this forum or G35driver.

yeah i read about the JW pop charger . I know with this alone no performance but combined with spacer and z-tube i heard good things!

yeah i read about the JW pop charger . I know with this alone no performance but combined with spacer and z-tube i heard good things!

i Do hv the spacer and cf tube in.. erm.. do i 'feel' a gain.. ? i m not sure too..

mayb coz i don hv a new ecu yet.. trying to source one but not sure which is the most suitable choice..

You will not get the whitlsing sound from the K&N drop in filter. Combo of the spacer and JWT on my V35 was a total of 15kw gain to the wheels. But I do need to re-tune the ECU to get full benifit from my mods.

Watch my vid to hear the JWT filter with Z tube and Spacer.

thanks im just bored with them. But what about the performance parts where do i get them how much should i be expecting to pay?

$400 for a spacer $400 for JWT filter and Z-Tube $60 for clear side markers :)

i have over priced

$400 for a spacer $400 for JWT filter and Z-Tube $60 for clear side markers :)

i have over priced

Thanks Paul . I heard the jwt filter has some problems with over heating or something about heat soak . Do you know what they mean ? I guess the spacer at riverside inifinity at $220us is the cheapest . Is there any other mods you can suggest either in performance wise or appearance? How can I tell if I have high flow cats ?

Because the Z-tube is plastic heat soak is not bad at all and some people don't put the heat sheild on over the pod filter and that then sucks heaps of hot air in.

Skunk2 spacer is the easiest to put on.

Don't know about the high flow cat (look under the car does it looks differnet to others?)

Strut Brace then ECU upgrade is the next thing for me

My body kit looks good :) "Ken Stlye"

Custom paint or Turbo/Supercharger will be on the list if money comes my way.

Because the Z-tube is plastic heat soak is not bad at all and some people don't put the heat sheild on over the pod filter and that then sucks heaps of hot air in.

Skunk2 spacer is the easiest to put on.

Don't know about the high flow cat (look under the car does it looks differnet to others?)

Strut Brace then ECU upgrade is the next thing for me

My body kit looks good :) "Ken Stlye"

Custom paint or Turbo/Supercharger will be on the list if money comes my way.

I'm not worried about install going to get the pros to do it. And with thepop charger might just stick with the drop in filter I don't want to be putting heat shields. As for super charger would love too but don't have the paper work for it .

Thanks for your input Paul

Have youhad a power run with your mods on yet?

hey manda23 that front lip on your car isnt the nismo lip it is actually just the factory nissan aftermarket lip... correct me someone if i am wrong.

I'm not sure . Someone told me I have the nismo

lip kit with includes the front lip and the rear spolier . I have no idea what the difference is.

What price do you think I should sell my wheels for they are pretty rare on our shores and fit our car perfect. I wanna get some volks for a change of looks I'm tired at looking at the same thing.

i Do hv the spacer and cf tube in.. erm.. do i 'feel' a gain.. ? i m not sure too..

mayb coz i don hv a new ecu yet.. trying to source one but not sure which is the most suitable choice..

Are you serious ? Which spacer do you have and do you still have the factory air filter I read people are getting between 10-20kwatts from these modifications

I'm not sure . Someone told me I have the nismo

lip kit with includes the front lip and the rear spolier . I have no idea what the difference is.

Unfortunately Blistc is right on the money there...

Whoever told you got Nismo stuff don't know the difference between a hazelnut and an almond nut.

You have factory nissan front spoiler and factory nissan rear spoiler. I'm actually ordering that exact front spoiler from japanparts, but i'm not getting the rear spoiler. not a fan of wings, really.

here is factory NISSAN rear spoiler:

post-328-1243116568_thumb.jpg

and here is NISMO rear spoiler - elevated with gaps between the boot and the wing... you can tell the difference straight away....

post-328-1243116680_thumb.jpg

factory Nissan front lip = what you have

post-328-1243117463_thumb.jpg

NISMO front lip - the protruding lip section is smaller and 'sharper' towards the bottom of the lips, and there was no curving up on the rounded corner of both sides that wraps around the bumper...

post-328-1243117553_thumb.jpg

177KW at the wheels. best run was 178kw but could not get 2 runs the same

Paul,

Doesn't the stock v35 pull 170kw at the wheels?

What did you have at the wheels before the spacer and jwt?

I want a performance upgrade as well...but there doesnt seem to be anycost effective options for the v35!