SAU Community

Best Mods $1000aus To Spend

Yup Skunk2 is the brand but for their spacer, they are upto version 2. Lol, bit confusing after the top post.

Can't wait to see the new 370z/370gt parts and the improvemets they will give :)

yeah the second version is made so you don't need any adhesives. i.e the easiest to put in

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yup Skunk2 is the brand but for their spacer, they are upto version 2. Lol, bit confusing after the top post.

Can't wait to see the new 370z/370gt parts and the improvemets they will give :)

fair enough lol, skunk22 it is then :D

The amount of aftermarket goodies for the infiniti guys makes me jealous, can't wait until the market picks up here. I personally don't see that happening anytime soon so Sourcing from America is my only option at present

Edited by Yo-Yo

these are the prices so far........ trying to get them down a bit more

Full Kit w/ V3 - $4795.00 + $69.00 ship

Tuner Kit w/ V3 - $3595.00 + $69.00 ship

SHIPPING To AU - $395.00

For polished add $295.00

Pulley upgrade with the purchase of a kit = $49.00

if sold with a Tuner kit

Deatschwerk 440 injectors - $399.00 (6) (440)

Add $99.00 for 660

ECU UTEC txs-UTEC-350z - $699.00

Walbro 255 - $85.00

Count me in for this!

• 3 weeks later...

They're the same as any otehr eBay scam posted on here, that use a resistor to modify the AFM signal.

Stay away. Luck is the only thing that will determine whether you get more horsepower because it leans the mixture out a tad, does nothing because its a crock of shit, whether you lose horsepower because it richens the mixture, or blows your motor up because it leans the mixture out too much.

My basic attitudes are that any piece of powertrain-related electronics that don't allow for tuning to your specific car are a complete waste of time.

what ever you do don't buy one of those chips, there bs and they might stuff up your car, might friend bought one and since installing it he started having problems with his car. $20 to increase hp by 20...if it seems to good to be true....

• 3 months later...
Because i didn't reset my ECU after i put the mods on it took about a hours worth of driving before the computer had optimized it's self with the mods. When i put the JWT filter on the sound change was instant.

"Is it worth it?"

Is any of this stuff we do to ours cars worth it?

I don't think so

But i like to do it and that's what it's all about :)

Yeah so finally got the spacer k&n drop in filter and the cf z-tube put in today. After the first take off i thought yeah the car feels lighter. But then after about 30mins driving it felt the same.

The sound really sounds the same as well its hardly noticeable.

But what im thinking and hoping is like you said maybe it takes time for the ECU to learn with the new mods on. But im also thinking because i have this ECU is it a learning one and how do i re-set the damn thing.

Who would pay this much money without any benefit im surely not benefitting.

http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=e...35CS.htm%23aero

manda23,

I think awhile ago we discussed your mod plans in Pm's.. ? Anyways, those mods should normally net some form of gains on a V but like i said, with your impul ecu in place...your car may behave differently to another with the normal ecu (ignition timing leading to knock sensors going off for example).

Also, the V like most modern cars tries to determine the mood you're in. If you're doing normal grandpa driving, the first time you give it a good footful, it won't feel particularly fast. Takes a few goes before the ecu realises you wanna move somewhere fast and changes accordingly. I've noticed this on my V on many occasions.

As for the sound, if you have kept the stock airbox, the sound should be same below 3000rpm or so, you will notice above this the engine will sound a bit more rough/loud.

Yeah so finally got the spacer k&n drop in filter and the cf z-tube put in today. After the first take off i thought yeah the car feels lighter. But then after about 30mins driving it felt the same.

The sound really sounds the same as well its hardly noticeable.

But what im thinking and hoping is like you said maybe it takes time for the ECU to learn with the new mods on. But im also thinking because i have this ECU is it a learning one and how do i re-set the damn thing.

Who would pay this much money without any benefit im surely not benefitting.

http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=e...35CS.htm%23aero

I just installed my Z-tube . My hands still have grease from it :) then i did the easy reset and drove it around.

I got so excited when i got it i couldn't wait till home time, so i installed it at work!

You're right about the noise not so noticable. But i did notice the deeper tone Especially at WOT.

maybe it'll change when i install my Poop Charger tonight :)

EDIT : Got rid of unrelated post , I thought he had a standard ECU , silly me.. :P

Edited by dodes47

Omg omg! It really did make a difference!

After i installed the pop charger, it sounded like a bloody v8 for Christ sake!

The z-tube install was a walk in the park compared to the actual pod install. The heat shield was the hardest to put in with the trimming and all.

Thanks Paul, for the inspiration. Btw, I noticed a little high pitched hissing right after I change gear. Is yours doing that as well?

Thanks Paul, for the inspiration. Btw, I noticed a little high pitched hissing right after I change gear. Is yours doing that as well?

Yes, that's normal for the Popcharger.

I had people asking if I'd turbo'ed the car, because they thought it was an atmospheric BOV venting. I don't know how you could confuse that little hiss with a BOV, but I do like the induction note through the pod when you're hard on the throttle.

Yeah, it does sound a bit like turbo..I wish.. I love it though!

Just thought i'd upload a few pics of it.

IMG_0098.jpg

IMG_0094.jpg

IMG_0096.jpg

The Pop Charger came a little damaged due to the stupid little box they decide to force fit it in ;) . I got some of my money back for it though, will this affect the performance at all? Brilliant Ebay seller with lightning fast delivery but they got idiots in the packing section. Check it.

IMG_0091.jpg

All in all, really happy with the way it sounds. I can't feel much difference in performance though. Then again, mine is a GT-8. So i don't care as much :domokun:

Cheers

The damage looks very minor, you got nothing to worry about. Good to see you put the "heat shield" on. Some crew get lazy/or don't know how to put it on and don't put it on/ or put it on wrong.

Hey everyone i know i have posted it before (somewhere) but i'll put up my before and after dyno results on the weekend when i find them :domokun:

All in all, really happy with the way it sounds. I can't feel much difference in performance though. Then again, mine is a GT-8. So i don't care as much :domokun:

Could you please post a sound file so we can hear? I'm tossing up between this or a drop in filter. I prefer the look of the pod, but worried it might be too noisy for me.

Hey mate.

I have the fujita intake, with a pod filter.

I tried to take a sound clip but it was not that great.

The car isnt loud under every day driving conditions. But yes the noise changes completely once you put your foot down. It is an awesome note, you will be happy with it, if you like tough sounding cars.

I hate to admit it but it sounds a bit like a honda on VTEC.

Could you please post a sound file so we can hear? I'm tossing up between this or a drop in filter. I prefer the look of the pod, but worried it might be too noisy for me.

Sure Mate. Just give me till tomorrow so i can rev up the car somewhere that won't drive my neighbours mental :D

Cheers