SAU Community

Exhaust Options

After years of riding sports bikes I have moved into cages and have just picked up my first ever Skyline (R33 GST-T) and looking to trick it out a bit. It still has it's stock exhaust and pipes fitted so I was wondering what are the options moving forward. Seems I can go catback or turbo back and wondering what the difference is and what other pipes I should be considering.

Grateful any guidance

Cheers

Edited by bradmax

After years of riding sports bikes I have moved into cages and have just picked up my first ever Skyline (R33 GST-T) and looking to trick it out a bit. It still has it's stock exhaust and pipes fitted so I was wondering what are the options moving forward. Seems I can go catback or turbo back and wondering what the difference is and what other pipes I should be considering.

Grateful any guidance

Cheers

Hi mate welcome to the skyline world :)

The easiest way I can explain the difference is to imagine your exhaust system in section. starting at the Turbo, you have a Dump pipe bolted onto it which travels down to the Front pipe, connecting then to the Cat, from here is the muffler section.

e.g. "Turbo->dump->front->cat->catback"

There is a slight variation though also. you can have a Front/dump pipe which as the name suggest it essentially is both joined together and cannot be split apart.

e.g. So this time making it "turbo->front/dump->cat->catback"

hope this helps :D