SAU Community

Deca Wrap Up Thread

mistamidget

Thanks to all the organizers and volunteers for sacrificing their spare time to run an awesome event. Without these people, such events would not exist. THANK-YOU! :(

I had a ball as usual. There should be a "Best Entertainer" category. Where you lack in driving talent you make up with smoke! :P

Hope there are plenty of pics!

this the sort of thing u looking for Al?

DECA_may09%20501.jpg

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Keen on footage as well, fingers crossed someone caught the green Datsun's short defiance of gravity!

haha, hopefully. I thought he was going to topple. That was some massive two wheel action :(

Thanks the Leon, Wayne, Shane & Crew for letting me stay with them, and Leon and Wayne and Rob for taking me out on the skidpan in the afternoon. Glad I could help, I should have brought a chair though. Legs and back are a bit sore today from so much standing :P Lots of a great driving, and of course some entertaining skids courtesy of Al as per usual hehe

My hat has made it back to Melbourne, but someone popped my cock and balls balloon last night :(

To anyone who cares, I started learning to drive manual today when I got back. I'm wrecked :)

Rest of my pics can be found here:

DECA Pics

Videos will be finished uploading tomorrow or early tues..

If people want a high res version of their pics I'm happy to email them out.

BUT no requests b4 wednesday as I'll be too busy with the videos any requests will be deleted!

so wed on PM me the pics and your email and I'll send you the full version(may take a couple of days tho so don;t stress if I don't reply in a few min)

cheers

M

good event guys, organising the food van was a great idea, saves a lot of time for the committee and offers some different food

some of the battles looked fantastic, and very challenging. the driving skills of some of the guys has improved ten fold all round

one that came to mind was the p plater in the 33 GTS he was amazing for a p plater and handled very well

Martin THANKS!!

I will send my request on Wednesday :P

Also forgot to say a BIG THANKS to Dave (Gazelle D), for helping me out with my fire extinguisher, my day could have been over before it started. THANKS MATE :(

Thanks to all the organizers and volunteers.

Also a big thanks to all photographers, I think all will agree that getting photos/video's after the event of your car is one of the most exciting parts of the experience since we never get to see ourselves from the outside.

I lost my nerve in a big way after nearly tipping the car over in a place that you shouldn't be able to roll a car and will contribute that to being a couple of seconds off the pace on the wangs but I know frysie and Russ won't take any excuses!

I really enjoyed watching nick thrash his new GTR until it carked it (I hope it's not that bad mate) as well as Tim in the silver machine. It's also a pleasure to watch Chris/Ryan going out time and again throwing down clean runs. Did you guys end up deciding who's car you're going to both drive to finally settle who's the better peddler?

Dave

good event guys, organising the food van was a great idea, saves a lot of time for the committee and offers some different food

some of the battles looked fantastic, and very challenging. the driving skills of some of the guys has improved ten fold all round

one that came to mind was the p plater in the 33 GTS he was amazing for a p plater and handled very well

Haha thanks :( yeah was my first time out there but was so much fun, even in the non turbo i cant wait for the next DECA to come!

And now that I have my CAMS license i can start going to some other track events which should be good.

Thanks also to the photographers got some nice pics there :P

Martin THANKS!!

I will send my request on Wednesday :)

Also forgot to say a BIG THANKS to Dave (Gazelle D), for helping me out with my fire extinguisher, my day could have been over before it started. THANKS MATE :(

No probz AL, i will always do what i can to help ! ironicly i needed help after my first 80% run on long/mini wang as i had discovered my seat belt buckle had issues :P

I was able to rectify the problem and was let back in out of sequence by bec, THANK You !

unfortunetly i was unable to take passengers from there on but my mates michael and mark helped me rip my seats out in minutes to try rectify the problem. I'll probly invest in some bucket's and harness before next meet.

Sounds like a fun day. How's about some pics? Stuff the skid pan, where is the pics of the nights activities??? :P:(

well i'm puttin the rest on myspace but here's some of what i'm talkin bout

post-60445-1243165639_thumb.jpg

post-60445-1243165668_thumb.jpg

post-60445-1243165695_thumb.jpg

post-34191-1243165709_thumb.jpg

LOL Al, NUTR33 is trying to steal your "Best Entertainer" making smoke reputation :P

NB: Image downloaded from emts 's album - Thanks for some awesome shots!!

Here is a video that I quickly edited this arvo (whilst nursing a hangover!) I only had video footage of Lukes runs due to being busy helping out

NUTR33 DECA Day May 2009

PM me if you cant view it and will try to fix it :( (Uploading to You Tube tonight to make more publicly available - currently hosted on facebook)

And then the mandatory group shot out the front of the restaurant.....

What a great weekend! didnt even get behind the wheel for the whole time but i had heaps a fun^.^ think i might have to next time though..

Heres a couple of my pics, they aint pro like the other guys, and you cant see that many different cars, sorry

Cant wait to see the pics from out the front of that mexican joint!

cheers

kiandra

post-49328-1243165297_thumb.jpg

post-49328-1243165729_thumb.jpg

post-49328-1243165976_thumb.jpg

post-49328-1243166244_thumb.jpg

To anyone who cares, I started learning to drive manual today when I got back. I'm wrecked :)

Does that mean that there is a manual conversion for the Pulsar on the cards, some time soon(before next DECA)?:cool:

I lost my nerve in a big way after nearly tipping the car over in a place that you shouldn't be able to roll a car and will contribute that to being a couple of seconds off the pace on the wangs but I know frysie and Russ won't take any excuses!

Yes you are correct :)

LOL Al, NUTR33 is trying to steal your "Best Entertainer" making smoke reputation :cool:

Never said i would be the winner, but i would always give it a good shot :)

Awesome event and a big thanks to the organisers and volunteers :)

Can't wait to see the vids from the pan :rofl: I haven't done DECA for at least 3 years and that was in the gtst...while I didn't miss the elec problems I had with the gtst at the time I realized that I missed those handbrake turns after my first run on the pan :cool:

Was some great driving by all and good to see that there were no 'incidents' - Nick I hope all isn't bad news and that you'll be back out there in no time.

Great weekend as usual & big thanks to the volunteers & Micolour for their support!

I reckon we should get the Lions van to cater at Taco Baz's place in future... :)

Daz.

It seems no matter how I try I keep getting shots of Skylines as well as Subies :)

with my compliments ....

"damm whats that noise underneath since i passed that last marshal"

red%20noise%20undercar%20[].JPG

"AHA thats what it was "

redgotcone%20[].JPG

Edited by Subarau

Thanks to all involved for running a top event............... I had a ball. :)

And yes, I think Taco Bill's need to lift their game if they expect people to go back there.