SAU Community

R-35???

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Theres no "R"35 because the current Skyline doesn`t use an "RB" type engine... it uses a "VQ" engine, hence what our esteemed colleague akeenan wrote... V35 please (for the last time:D)

rezz: i too am getting tired of answering the v35 question.

one question i have about them though hopefully you could fill me in. When I was in japan the 1st v35 i saw had the word skyline written in small letters on the back. However another time I saw one with skyline written in large letters across the back. Is there a difference between these 2 cars? Maybe the owner changed it I'm not sure.. :D

I still call them r35s!!

So few coupes on the road - I'm quite surprised (well, not really..). They look better than the sedan, which is hideous.

If I was offered a choice between a v35 coupe and a 350z - it would be the skyline in an instant.

Originally posted by akeenan

rezz: i too am getting tired of answering the v35 question.

one question i have about them though hopefully you could fill me in. When I was in japan the 1st v35 i saw had the word skyline written in small letters on the back.  However another time I saw one with skyline written in large letters across the back.  Is there a difference between these 2 cars? Maybe the owner changed it I'm not sure.. :D

Yes, I`ve seen two versions too. One has an "indent" between the taillights with the kinda small Skyline name in it, and the other doesn`t have an indent, with a larger Skyline name written between the lights...

I`m not certain, but this maybe a difference between the 250GT and the other models. I`m talking about the sedan of course.

No Skyline for Oz. Leon Daphne doesn't want it and he heads the Down Under arm of Nissan.

GT-R will come here but it isn't a Skyline. It's on its own platform now as Nissan's "Halo Car". Release dates being bandied round the Nissan press offices are saying between February and November 2004 (so it'll probably be launched at either next year's Tokyo or in late Nov). It'll take about 6-8 months after that before we get any touching our shores... Expect to pay over $100K when it lands...

Originally posted by Sonic

No Skyline for Oz. Leon Daphne doesn't want it and he heads the Down Under arm of Nissan.

Why is that? It'll steal Maxima sales? BWAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!:rofl::D

Is this Leon Daphne... you know... ok?

C'mon... throw in your 5c...

You must know something? I'd love to know why some dude in Nissan Australia says "no" to selling the Skyline.

has anyone seen the latest SPEED mag as they have a artical on the HKS G35 they through in the terms R35 and 350gt-tt ,as well as the term prototype. with the tail end in some of the pictures there seems to be also 350GT to the right or maybe just a HKS special touch (looks nice though).

Originally posted by rsx84

they threw in the terms R35 and 350gt-tt ,as well as the term prototype.

They did? They said "R"35?

I don't like Speed Magazine very much. My brother sent me a copy, and in all honesty, their articles a VERY light-on with indepth information... almost like a poster book. They run all these stories on Japan, but they openly admit that they didn't talk to anyone in Japan coz the Japs couldn't speak English. That isn't so good.

Rezz, they did ok. Nino threw that article together with no time (he had 1.5 hrs to shoot the car, something that's almost impossible) and no-one would answer questions on the car, except that it was a "phantom". That's when nobody owns it, nobody's seen it, it doesn't exist and you should forget what you've seen.

It's also difficult and expensive to get a Japanese correspondant who can write in style, so you have to make do with factory-supplied translators who were trying to usher him away from the car. You normally never get tech sheets back from those companies as they can't be bothered filling them in.

How in-depth do you want to go? Valve clearances? Piston specs? If you wrote a magazine like that it would read like a service handbook, not an entertaining read at all...

Originally posted by Sonic

How in-depth do you want to go? Valve clearances? Piston specs?

Pushrod clearances would be cool...:rofl:

How in-depth? Well, what I mean is that if a magazine is gonna go all the way to Japan, I'd expect the journalist who's writing the article to QUOTE what Tanaka-san (or whoever) said regarding the car... No "it's anyones guess..." or "they didn't stop to tell us!" type phrases coming up right when you expect the nitty gritty stuff.

A SPEED article on the HKS JGTC car was disappointing. They basically said that they had no info on engine specs. The reason they said they didn't have the specs was because *it was a big secret*... but the journalist is Australian is he not? Whats he gonna do, go straight to Dome Project and spill the beans all in perfect Japanese about the HKS car?

It just sounded dumb. But thats me, I've lived in Japan for quite a while, and I know that Japanese loosen up a tell you more than you need to know if you show them a bit of respect. Especially if your going back to Oz (nudge, nudge) the next day...