SAU Community

R-35???

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

oh i dont know, one thing the SPEED artical does have is pictures of both v35 and 350z put next to each other, and i have to say the 350z looks a little pHata, this maybe just my outlook on the total redesign of the skyline look though, i dont think there is a single curved panal on my car unless you count the wheel arches!!

yeah i agree with Andrew, 350Z nicer looking. I absolutely DITEST the back of the V35, i really, REALLY hate the light clusters. I know the Skyline has gone global, but the after-burners should have stayed, and no-body give me the "but if it's dark, and u use ur brakes, the burners are still there" crap, i know!! :(. But it soooooo ain't the same.... Hell, the new integra has more afterburners than the 35!

I read in the Herald Sun "Cars Guide" - yes i know, a very respectable source :D - that the V35 is coming to Oz? And it's just going to be called the Zed or some shit like that, but i'm pretty sure... no almost 100% that we are getting the Coupe or the Sedan, or both. For all i care, they can keep the 35, looks like a piece of shit.

As long as the 35 GTR can beat the pants off the 911 Turbo (a very tough ask) i reckon it will be a bloody good result. I also heard that they aren't really rushing the 35 GTR and it won't be at the Tokyo Show? Any of our Japanese friends have any more info regarding the Tokyo Show with regards to the GTR??

Originally posted by SS8_Gohan

I also heard that they aren't really rushing the 35 GTR and it won't be at the Tokyo Show? Any of our Japanese friends have any more info regarding the Tokyo Show with regards to the GTR??

Yes, as we`ve pointed out since July, (no offence Gohan) the V35 GT-R has been withdrawn from the Tokyo Motor Show. The car simply wasn`t ready, wholly due to the fact that Carlos "Nissan is MY bitch now" Gohsn kept pushing the GT-R R+D team to make more and more adjustments... promptly pissing them off in the process and causing them to pull the car from the TMS.

Oh and you can thank Carlos "The GT-R needs a V8 to take on Cadillac, Range Rover and Daimler" Gohsn for the V35 Skylines pudgy looks...

stupid question, when you talk of release in oz are we talking hi or low volume, its just i carnt remember the last time i walked into a nissan showroom to get a skyline. what was the last model skyline you could order through nissan itself?

>rsx84: The R31 in aaah, 1989?

>sumfatchin: No man, they`re all various NA V6 capacities, from 2.5 to 3.5 litre... the 3.5 having the `ol 280ps output.

Originally posted by Rezz

Yes, as we`ve pointed out since July, (no offence Gohan) the V35 GT-R has been withdrawn from the Tokyo Motor Show.

none taken :D - Stupid carlos, sounds like a bit of a Chris Bangle dude... should make the head GTR tech dude, the CEO, i'm sure we'd see some hella cool cars! :(

i have a feeling rsx84 that brand new, the R32 GTR was around $150k? At least in the 100's i think... But just think how good the R32 GTR is now, imagine how good it must have seemed back then!! U'd be wondering why people would be buying a Ferrari or Porsche....

take any euro super car they also have a super price, they have also been making these cars for years and the development is mostly based around a long racing history. sorry have to go there again, in another speed artical where they put a twin turbo 996 up against an r34 gtr, one thing that stuck in my mind was this statement.

{when the gt-r bucked and tiptoed down the wet drag strip at traffic pace, the porsche took a foot-full of throttle and propelled to well over the legal road limit.}

all that said for just under 300000 dollars it should or you might ask for your money back!

think i got of the topic alittle there,sorry !

the most popular r35 GTR prototype running around and featuring in a LOT of aussie magazines is a photochop of the kakimoto R34 catalog picture...

oh and I'd think Nissan would be more interested in sending the new GTR if it ever came out with whatever engine variant to the US before it comes to AU... this is what Mitsubishi did with the LanEvo 7.5 and their sales skyrocketed.