SAU Community

139k Jdm

rehab2010

Wow, they are losing quite a lot of value. Just saw a JDM 2008 with 7000kms on the clock for 139K.

Call me crazy but I put money on 120K-ish in 2 years time for 2009 ADM models.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The car is advertised at 139k but they will have to take a lot less;

a: the car was the first is Aus so its a year old and no doubt was IMG's demo car. You have to think its had some hard km's and LC'd afew times...

b: They imported it when the dollar was 98c, and i've heard they were costing people 110k landed in Aus.

c: you still have all the issue's of no warranty ( well theirs but i can't see them replacing a tranny ) and Nissan will not let their dealers service them ( fuc#ers)

so i don't think its a bargain at all. See if they dump the black box for you and see what its really done..

This is no shot at IMG i just think even the Aussie delivered ones are gonna take a beating second hand. Everyone rightly or not is so paranoid about this car and whats been done wth it that if they can afford it they will buy new if not they will take the risk and wait till there cheap around the 110k mark. We will see. Plus with the 50k gov tax on the car all dealers when trading take all those costs straight off the trade in price...

Of course i could be wrong... :(

Never buy a car hoping it will hold value, you would only be kidding yourself if you did.

only exception are those stupidly overpriced (but i still recon there nice) classic muscle cars like the cobras, gt fords from way back and sl5000 toranas and the really old luxury cars from the 20's.... cars in almost every other situation are an obvious loss...

lol, nissan can't even sell all the gtr's that have been allocated for Australia this year... no way they are going to hold their value.. the more a car costs, the more it's going to depreciate.. excl classics..

Never buy a car hoping it will hold value, you would only be kidding yourself if you did.

Totally agree.

Off topic, saw your car the other day. Looks awesome!

OK your crazy .JDM sure,not ADM

You can say that, or you can look at it this way.

2 year old M3 is now in the 120K ish

2 year old RS-4 in now in the 105-120K, and when new it was also 165K car, so more expensive than GT-R now.

What do you think, that 2 year old ADM will sell for 158K ha ha ha. Even an Audi R8 or a 911 Turbo lose 30% in 2 years time - 159K x 0.7 = 112K, simple maths brainiac ;)

But none of your examples are R35 GT-R's,the most hyped up release since the space shuttle and you did ask someone to call you crazy so just how much money do you want to put on your crystal ball gazing?

But none of your examples are R35 GT-R's,the most hyped up release since the space shuttle and you did ask someone to call you crazy so just how much money do you want to put on your crystal ball gazing?

Not wanting to burst your bubble mate but the examples quoted rehab2010 are extremely relevent. The R35 may be the most hyped car for a long time but lets not forget it also wears a nissan badge wich certainly does not have the prestege attached to it that the audi and bmw badges do hence i would think that the resale will probably be worse than that of the examples given regardless of performance etc.

I would actually be thinking that resale in 2 years time will be more like 95-100k. Lets not forget that there will also be a stigma attached to them in regards to service history and the like and seeing as how all the cars data will be available to potential buyers there will be no hiding the history of the car ( unlike the M3 RS4 etc) so potential buyers will be able to see if the car has had a hard life or not and lets face it who is not going to give their R35 a hard time. Also the fact that there will be no warrenty offered by the time the car is 2 years old and it is a horrendously expensive car to maintain requireing gearbox oil changes, brake and rotor changes etc at much shorter intervals thann the examples mentioned this will limit the resale market to the true enthusiest's rather than the wealthy buisnesmen wich in my opinion will also be more likely to be taking the prestege of a badge into account. I guess we will all find out in a few years time but i think you are kidding yourself if you think that you will not see at least 30-35% depreciation over 2 years IMHO.

Not wanting to burst your bubble mate but the examples quoted rehab2010 are extremely relevent. The R35 may be the most hyped car for a long time but lets not forget it also wears a nissan badge wich certainly does not have the prestege attached to it that the audi and bmw badges do hence i would think that the resale will probably be worse than that of the examples given regardless of performance etc.

I would actually be thinking that resale in 2 years time will be more like 95-100k. Lets not forget that there will also be a stigma attached to them in regards to service history and the like and seeing as how all the cars data will be available to potential buyers there will be no hiding the history of the car ( unlike the M3 RS4 etc) so potential buyers will be able to see if the car has had a hard life or not and lets face it who is not going to give their R35 a hard time. Also the fact that there will be no warrenty offered by the time the car is 2 years old and it is a horrendously expensive car to maintain requireing gearbox oil changes, brake and rotor changes etc at much shorter intervals thann the examples mentioned this will limit the resale market to the true enthusiest's rather than the wealthy buisnesmen wich in my opinion will also be more likely to be taking the prestege of a badge into account. I guess we will all find out in a few years time but i think you are kidding yourself if you think that you will not see at least 30-35% depreciation over 2 years IMHO.

+1

Except some of the spelling. Very close though :cheers:

Forget the GTR, I sold a 2007 model 335 for $72k with 30,000km on the clock before the GTR arrived. Hmmm...lets do the math there...125k - 72k = 53k (41% drop in 2 years) Yes there are plenty advertised for more, but no one is buying.

The rules of investments (or cars):

1) Something is only worth what someone else is willing to pay for it.

2) You never lose the money until you sell.

So in my ultimate wisdom I might keep the R35 forever hence never losing money on it.

Forget the GTR, I sold a 2007 model 335 for $72k with 30,000km on the clock before the GTR arrived. Hmmm...lets do the math there...125k - 72k = 53k (41% drop in 2 years) Yes there are plenty advertised for more, but no one is buying.

The rules of investments (or cars):

1) Something is only worth what someone else is willing to pay for it.

2) You never lose the money until you sell.

So in my ultimate wisdom I might keep the R35 forever hence never losing money on it.

lol - Love it.

Pure logic at it's finest!!