SAU Community

R33 Gts25t - Ecu Remap By Toshi

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a AEM Wideband and afc neo

chat to him via pm, he mailed me a chipped ecu, which we then setup on the dyno with safc-2,

got 206kw then changed the turbo to a GT3076 now 240kw same remap chip

chat to him via pm, he mailed me a chipped ecu, which we then setup on the dyno with safc-2,

got 206kw then changed the turbo to a GT3076 now 240kw same remap chip

Ok thanks I will do that

hey Toshi quick Q for ya ... you remapped my GTT about a year ago, pretty happy with it but I've always (even before your remap) had crappy fuel economy. So I just got a new Nissan o2 sensor installed but I've been told I need to reset the ECU for it to learn everything again and send correct air in etc.

If I reset my ECU, will I lose the tune that you've set up for me ie. AFRs and timing ??

hey Toshi quick Q for ya ... you remapped my GTT about a year ago, pretty happy with it but I've always (even before your remap) had crappy fuel economy. So I just got a new Nissan o2 sensor installed but I've been told I need to reset the ECU for it to learn everything again and send correct air in etc.

If I reset my ECU, will I lose the tune that you've set up for me ie. AFRs and timing ??

Reset means take off battery terminal?

ECU data is never change.

How did you check lean fuel?

Did you check on dyno?

If fuel is getting lean I think AFM dirty or fuel pump problem.

If you worry about fuel , please come to me.

I will check AFM volt and A/F.

There are 2 methods of resetting the ECU apparently ..disconnecting the battery and pressing brakes for a couple of mins or shorting the fusebox with a wire (according to Nissan workshop manual) .. I'm assuming both methods do the same thing.

What do you mean by lean fuel? AFRs ? I don't think I'm running lean .. I believe my AFRs are about 11.5:1 which is what you tuned it at. I checked the AFRs again about 6 months ago on the dyno and they were still the same.

But as I said, I was getting the crap fuel economy even BEFORE you remapped the ecu ..and remapping didn't change the fuel economy.

Anyway, my question is .. will resetting the ECU erase the AFRs/ignition timing that you tuned ? ie. will I lose my remap tune by resetting the ECU ?

There are 2 methods of resetting the ECU apparently ..disconnecting the battery and pressing brakes for a couple of mins or shorting the fusebox with a wire (according to Nissan workshop manual) .. I'm assuming both methods do the same thing.

What do you mean by lean fuel? AFRs ? I don't think I'm running lean .. I believe my AFRs are about 11.5:1 which is what you tuned it at. I checked the AFRs again about 6 months ago on the dyno and they were still the same.

But as I said, I was getting the crap fuel economy even BEFORE you remapped the ecu ..and remapping didn't change the fuel economy.

Anyway, my question is .. will resetting the ECU erase the AFRs/ignition timing that you tuned ? ie. will I lose my remap tune by resetting the ECU ?

Excuse me for butting in but I think his answer will be NO.

He must be using a daughterboard to tune and program a chip which he then swaps with your original.

It then cannot be written to or erased.

Toshi you seem to do such a great job but I live in Perth.

If you read this can you pls let me know if you know of anyone in Perth who does similar work.

The Nullabor is a long road!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Excuse me for butting in but I think his answer will be NO.

He must be using a daughterboard to tune and program a chip which he then swaps with your original.

It then cannot be written to or erased.

Toshi you seem to do such a great job but I live in Perth.

If you read this can you pls let me know if you know of anyone in Perth who does similar work.

The Nullabor is a long road!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Delta Force sorry I miss under standed.

Remap data is never change.(if you reset etc)

fletch63 I do not know remap shop in WA.

Im using H8 plcc.

Its never change data.

I am able to send remap ecu.

Im remaping for many WA skylines.

Some auto skyline got 200kw at wheel.

http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/Re...toshi&st=80

Also hiflow turbo got 220kw.

I always disconnect the battery after tinkering, service etc.

get all power out of the cars system, leave for a while.

reset battery and drive

wont lose Toshi tune, or safc / sitc settings etc.

about to change my 02 sensor too. no issue to it. :laugh: +1 to Toshi !

Delta Force sorry I miss under standed.

Remap data is never change.(if you reset etc)

fletch63 I do not know remap shop in WA.

Im using H8 plcc.

Its never change data.

I am able to send remap ecu.

Im remaping for many WA skylines.

Some auto skyline got 200kw at wheel.

http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/Re...toshi&st=80

Also hiflow turbo got 220kw.

thanks toshi,

I am definately 100% interested

How does it work?

Do we do exchange or do I have to send you mine (which means my car is off the road)

How much ???

How long does it take?

Are you Japanese?

If so konichiwa (my wife is Japanese)

If not sorry Im an idiot

How much is boosting?

How much is A/F now?

Currently I am on 10 lbs of boost and my Wideband is reading 10's by the time I hit 4 lbs of boost. I am running 40 psi on my nismo fuel regulator and my AFC is zeroed out.

thanks toshi,

I am definately 100% interested

How does it work?

Do we do exchange or do I have to send you mine (which means my car is off the road)

How much ???

How long does it take?

Are you Japanese?

If so konichiwa (my wife is Japanese)

If not sorry Im an idiot

Yes, I am Japanese.

Just swap my remap ecu and your std ecu.

its exchange.(if you want to use your ecu I can mod your ecu)

Cost $450

take under 1week.

Currently I am on 10 lbs of boost and my Wideband is reading 10's by the time I hit 4 lbs of boost. I am running 40 psi on my nismo fuel regulator and my AFC is zeroed out.

I sent PM.

when you reset the ECU its likely to do a standard idle adjustment and check standard sensors

thats about it, theres no magical self, auto AFR adjust etc, its just a quick power on self test

from memory it throws in 2 deg of extra timing until it see's detonation and then backs off the timing

wether this is via the dropping to the penis fuel map or just using quick ign shift, but yeah 2 deg shift, then wait for detonation

i have no known evidence or possible reasoning behind

- auto adjustment of AFRs

- self tuning for fuel economy

- any other assumptions from an ECU reset