SAU Community

Hypergear Tr43i Turbo Tune Done

Got my hypergear turbo installed yesterday.

I've got an R34 GTT with the following mods...

Full turbo back exhaust (only thing holding me back here is a compliance cat)

FMIC

Pod Filter

Z32 AFM

870cc siemens injectors

Hypergear TR43i turbo rated at 500HP (14psi for now)

Walbro fuel pump

Iridium plugs

Splitfire coil packs

HKS SSQ BOV

Nistune ECU

98 Octane fuel

Went to trent at Status tuning yesterday to get a Nistune board installed and get all my goodies tuned. I really have to say, Trent is one of the best mechanics I have ever dealt with and would always be comfortable in taking my car there.

Got the car on the dyno and tuned it up and ended up getting 241.5 rwkw at 14 psi. We tried going 15psi, but my clutch was slipping like crazy, so we left it at 14psi. Trent did say though that the car with the mods will be capable of achieving 280rwkw as it ws responding to the tune very well. So it looks like I will now be saving up for a clutch and going back to Status.

The car is a bit laggy, but after about 4000rpm the car goes ballistic and sinks your head in the seat.

I couldn't recommend the service at Status tuning enough. Thanks for all the work yesterday guys.

So the end result now is 241.5 rwkw. I will try and scan the chart when I get a chance and put it up.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

FMIC

Pod Filter

Z32 AFM

870cc siemens injectors

Walbro fuel pump

Iridium plugs

Splitfire coil packs

HKS SSQ BOV

Nistune ECU

98 Octane fuel

Went to trent at Status tuning yesterday to get a Nistune board installed and get all my goodies tuned. I really have to say, Trent is one of the best mechanics I have ever dealt with and would always be comfortable in taking my car there.

Got the car on the dyno and tuned it up and ended up getting 241.5 rwkw at 14 psi. We tried going 15psi, but my clutch was slipping like crazy, so we left it at 14psi. Trent did say though that the car with the mods will be capable of achieving 280rwkw as it ws responding to the tune very well. So it looks like I will now be saving up for a clutch and going back to Status.

The car is a bit laggy, but after about 4000rpm the car goes ballistic and sinks your head in the seat.

I couldn't recommend the service at Status tuning enough. Thanks for all the work yesterday guys.

So the end result now is 241.5 rwkw. I will try and scan the chart when I get a chance and put it up.

Out of curiousity how many kilometres has your car done?

Sounds good, will be interesting to see how far the walbro gets you.

My one fell flat on its face at 260rwkw, then had to go 044. Good power but, probably right on par with the mods.

nice result! Im looking at going to one of these turbos, as the kkr480 just aint up to the task.

Edited by l0WRB

Sounds good, will be interesting to see how far the walbro gets you.

My one fell flat on its face at 260rwkw, then had to go 044. Good power but, probably right on par with the mods.

I thought these were good for up to 500HP. Oh well, if it shits itself i'll just go down the Bosch path.

nice result! Im looking at going to one of these turbos, as the kkr480 just aint up to the task.

These turbos are really good from what I have seen so far. As I said, just a little laggy.

FMIC

Pod Filter

Z32 AFM

870cc siemens injectors

Walbro fuel pump

Iridium plugs

Splitfire coil packs

HKS SSQ BOV

Nistune ECU

98 Octane fuel

I picked up one of these turbos about a week ago almost finished putting it in for my r33, results sound good at 14psi, out of interest if your the stock clutch?

HEY awsome to see your results, I thought i had settled on the path that i was going to go down untill this post.

I have practically the same setup except PFC and 650cc seimens injectors.

I would love to see your dyno printout overlaying the RB25 highflow with the G3 profile that URAS tuned for SS8_GOHAN.

any chance of some photo's of the install so I can compare the pro's and cons to both setups. (mods to piping)

By any chance did you get any comments made about tuning the Seimens injectors? as i haven't installed mine yet

regards

Chris

something doesnt add up

your making 241rwkw by 14psi on the standard clutch??????????????????????????

either something is wrong or you dont have a standard clutch

my stock clutch couldnt handle 185rwkw and died

i dont know of anyone who has gone over 200rwkw with stock clutch

not saying its impossible, but i am VERY surprised to hear you say stock clutch still ?????

definately the standard clutch. Car has only done 63000 so clutch wouldn't be crazy dead yet. Having said that, it's not going to last me very long from here on at all. Maybe there is a bit of a difference between the 33 clutch and the 34 clutch. Not sure about that though.

All I know at this point in time is the only way to go up from here is with a new heavy duty clutch.

do you have dyno print out showing NM torque ?

i just cant see the stock clutch putting up with that power level

during boost build (where it ramps) it would shit it pants (most do)

i do, i just need a scanner. I will try and scan it at work tomorrow.

On the graph you can see it slips after about 5000rpm on the 15psi run but on the 14psi run there was no slipping.

i do, i just need a scanner. I will try and scan it at work tomorrow.

On the graph you can see it slips after about 5000rpm on the 15psi run but on the 14psi run there was no slipping.

how can u see it slip other than loss of power (ie the graph pointing downwards) because power is not being delivered from the engine to the wheels properly?

so how do u get a power reading of 240rwkw?

stilll though, good work on the result.

Adam

congrats on the result man, hopefully a new clutch should net you a few more kW!

you say it's a bit laggy... any reason why you didn't go for the slightly smaller tr43?

something doesnt add up

your making 241rwkw by 14psi on the standard clutch??????????????????????????

either something is wrong or you dont have a standard clutch

my stock clutch couldnt handle 185rwkw and died

i dont know of anyone who has gone over 200rwkw with stock clutch

not saying its impossible, but i am VERY surprised to hear you say stock clutch still ?????

R34 clutch fairs much better than the R33 item.... remmeber the r34 and r33 have TOTALLY different clutches... also the car would slip after a few pulls which is why we stopped chasing results.

Edited by URAS

I didn't realise it would be this laggy and this is the one Stao at hypergear recommended.

congrats on the result man, hopefully a new clutch should net you a few more kW!

you say it's a bit laggy... any reason why you didn't go for the slightly smaller tr43?