SAU Community

Setting Up And Tunning Blitz Sbc -3 Ebc

Hi guys setting up my Blitz SBC -3 EBC,

have connect one vacum line from turbo snout into the IN on the ebc

and another vacum line from the OUT on the ebc to the wastegate actuator

is this correct?

Now i have set psi to 18psi and its only hitting around 14psi, its set to AUTO not MANUAL?

It has the functions, SET & GAIN and im not sure wat to set these too?

Thanks

Gain controls the wastegate, low setting the boost comes on slowly, high setting boost comes on fast but risk boost spike (balancing act to boost to come on quickly without spiking). Set is possibly solenoid duty cycle, if it is indeed that, raising it will raise boost pressure

Dont set it to auto, when it works it works perfects holding 18psi to redline but generally I had the same problem in my car.

Adjust the gain and duty until it suits your desired boost level and leave it at that.

Auto doesn't work too well, it's very conservative and slow boost.

Use manual control - my gain is 5, set is 62, boost is 10.5psi on stock turbo.

You might want to use gain 6 to 8(if you have larger turbo), start at set = 10 and go up from there watching the boost. Changing gain increases the boost with constant set value so be careful. Set warning to 20psi and level (?) to 5 - this means if it hits 20psi boost will be reduced by 5psi.

Remember you can also use OFF which is a nice feature of these units.

Play around with these figures.

Ok thanks guys,

i have currently a hk 2530 + power fc + z32 + hks exhaust + FMIC

its now hitting 17psi with gain at 27.5 & set at 100

i have a sbc id3 type r in my s14, awesome ebc, but the auto isnt any good over 1bar, i have the warning set to 13psi and 99, so it returns to stock boost if it spikes, my aim is to get the gain perfect so no spike, just going to take time to play with it.

edit: manual attached, i found it very easy to understand on the function side of things, any more problems send me a pm.

nengun_0317_0018_blitz_sbc_i_d_manual.pdf

Edited by Sillabaa

i have a sbc id3 type r in my s14, awesome ebc, but the auto isnt any good over 1bar, i have the warning set to 13psi and 99, so it returns to stock boost if it spikes, my aim is to get the gain perfect so no spike, just going to take time to play with it.

edit: manual attached, i found it very easy to understand on the function side of things, any more problems send me a pm.

Thanks dude your a legend :)