SAU Community

Weird problems - alarm

skyliner33wa

Hi all,

I got a bit of a weird problem with my alarm on my car, the car battery has been playing up recently (have radio running for 20 mins (no subs or amps) and battery goes flat).

Over the past few days i will be woken up at about 2:30 - 3:00am in the morning to my alarm going off :rofl: after going to investigate (car is in a locked garage) their is nothing wrong, the sensor light outside isn't even on, so no one is out their, i disarm, rearm then it's fine.

It is a Laserline alarm with ultrasonic sensors and shock sensors, it is not the stupid cat either, cause its never set it off, could this be related to the dodgy battery?

I have replaced the battery this morning so i will see what happens tonight - only happens at night!!!

Also been noticing while having headlights on and reving enging the lights would go a little brighter, i think the cars electrical sys is a little dodgy cause also now the interior light - which used to come on when alarm disarmed, just flashes on and off!!!!

Anyone help, with suggections, etc..?

Kris

Yes, I'd suggest it's the dodgy battery.

Every time I disconnect the battery on my car, I have to turn the siren off. And if I have a problem starting, the low battery will also cause the siren to sound.

well, it happened again!!!!!!!

The alarm went off at 12:30 this morning, it went off then stopped then about 2 minutes later it wqent off again, nothing was out there again, so i have no idea what is going on. I had to disarm the alarm and leave it disarmed!!!!

can anyone help, or should i take it to an alarm place?

cheers

Kris

Well took it to an alarm place, the Ultra Sonic sensors were to sensative, last night, i had a good sleep without the alarm going off! ;)

Only problem is that, the interior light does not stay on for about 15 seconds as it used to when disarming the alarm, i asked the alarm guy and he said after calling laserline, they told him that when the alarm is disarmed, there is only a switched voltage sent to the interior light, then the interior light delay then should take over, he said my interior light delay must be stuffed in my car,

Do skylines have these if so where would i expect to find it.

Thanks in advance