SAU Community

Twin Bosch 044 Strange Noises

yeh i got all the wiring diagrams etc.... all sounds good in theory but how would i program it to kick in and out etc

plus the part that i just cant seem to understand is wen i have both pumps on if i wind the pressure back down below 30psi it doesnt make the sound...... nethin above the noise comes back.... as if a damper is needed....

The standard FPCM uses two inputs to switch from slow (0v, 0v), to medium speed (0v, 5v), to high speed (5v, 5v).

I am pretty sure that the outputs from the FC actually pull the output signal low or high. They dont tri-state (float) the output. I have no idea what the current driving capabilities of the outputs are. Considering they are driving a solid state relay, and the length of the wire from the back of the car to the ecu at the front I would say its got to be pretty low. So to use the outputs you would be best to source a solid state a simple solid state relay to replace the FCPM.

This might sound a little complicated but here goes...

You can make a very simple solid state relay using a a few cheap components from dick smith. Get a single BUK456-60 mosfet and a 1n4001 diode, and tear out the page from the dick smith catalogue . It shows the Gate, source and drain pin outputs for that mosfet.

The Gate connection goes to the Power FC output to trigger switching on at 5v. The source goes to your fuel pump's -ve connection and the drain goes to Ground. The diode goes from the source to ground (accross the mosfet) to protect it, white band end toward the source. Put a 15A fuse betwen the pump and the mosfet too. This circuit will switch 60 AMPS from a very low current 5 volt input.

Edited by GTRNUR
  • Like 1

One other thing... I ran twin 044's in parallel using an SX regulator and had raised the base fuel pressure to 65PSI on a turbocharged 1uzfe v8 I was messing around with 2+ years ago. It worked fine and had no surging issues. Max on boost pressure in the rail would have been 80psi. All fuel lines were 3/8th ID. It ran a T from the two pumps in the boot to a single 3/8 supply, and single 3/8th return.

This was the "cheap ass" approach to not buying a set of larger injectors that the car really needed.

Edited by GTRNUR

wow GTRNUR. u know ur shit wen it comes to electronics lol.... even tho u said u explain'd it the easy way to me i still couldnt figure all that stuff out. i got a mate who knows this kinda stuff inside out so yeh thnx for the help.

and yeh i got a feeling that the reg is wats giving me issues so im probably gonna end up using a sx reg. just off chance wat reg was it the 15404 with just-6 in and out?

It was the one with the -6 outlet/return and twin -6 inputs. On the v8 we had a return from each rail to each side of the pump. The supply line from the pumps was T'd at the engine bay to supply each rail.

I just noticed HP in abox do one with a -10 fuel return too. Might be more suitable for you....

http://www.horsepowerinabox.com/HPIAB2/category10_3.htm

Electronics are my background, though not the industry im working in at the moment. We live in a disposable world these days and nobody fixes anything electronic anymore.

Replacing the reg is going to be the easiest and simplest option. The electronics approach might work but adds complexity and a point of failure. Simple is usally best.

come say it to my face u big hero flamin mongrel..... if u havent noticed im the one here with the warning level..... ur big and tough behind ur keyboard but im not the stupid flamin mongrel who sepnt money on a f**kin rb20.... fag get a life.... go on post that one up cock sucker

lol more fun pm's, is this guy 12 or 13?

actually if u knew nethin about this site (fag) wen u say C^nt it changes it to flamin mongrel....... turns out u watch home and away. now whos the f^ckin wanker.

it's common knowledge that is his catch phrase, sorry for not being ignorant like yourself! wow it turns out you may just be a fvcking idiot :P

i've only been posting on here for 5 years now and i still didnt know that happened when you type that, maybe its because im not a teenage douche handling the onset of puberty with more dollars than sense!

lol wow 5 yrs...... well let me count 15 to 21 wow 6 yrs..... look at that a yr longer then u (fag). and i only found this out a week ago... im keen to see how long this thread is kept open for so keep it coming homo.

perth huh..... show us ya scar.....

Edited by skylinekid