SAU Community

Good Tow Cars?

Sydney to phillip island and back towing with all tools and spares as well as 100ltrs of fuel and 3 blokes in the car

falcon g6turbo

post-8233-0-17057100-1326456763_thumb.jpg

was using 91Oct so reckon could have gotten it lower

race car on the back?

if so that is farken impressive

evil they all pull soccer mums... but they are all pretentious high maintenance bitches

My twin turbo 4.0L 350z gets 18L/100k

It doesn't have a tow bar and I cane the crap out of it, it doesn't even know if there is a hill just powers along in 6th.

Pointless comparison but kinda suits the way this thread goes from time to time.....

where are the soccer mum pics wtf!!

Dan, ive had a few beers with Harry, it was XXXX, beer was ok, but Harry is good to have a beer with.

only issue there was Druncan wouldnt buy us shouts cause he was saving for rebuild # 43

No no! It was only meant to be new turbos at that stage... Poor drunk man... Although, Drunkman is good to have a beer with too!

Sydney to phillip island and back towing with all tools and spares as well as 100ltrs of fuel and 3 blokes in the car

falcon g6turbo

post-8233-0-17057100-1326456763_thumb.jpg

was using 91Oct so reckon could have gotten it lower

That's amazing economy for a vehicle that is also "fun" to drive!

Very impressed I am.

Truthfully though, with all due respect, and I mean this is the nicest possible way...... Patrols drive terribly, they really do. There's only so much a brother can do with a live front axle.

:mellow:

bah, man up. IFS Is For Shopping... Live axles are for getting you places.

so you get the ocassional shimmy on bumps mid-corner... and some times get the patrol wobbles at ~90kph. That's no problem, just don't do 90kph! :thumbsup:

Truthfully though, with all due respect, and I mean this is the nicest possible way...... Patrols drive terribly, they really do. There's only so much a brother can do with a live front axle.

:mellow:

great tow car... but farken uncomfortable with now leg room

Would not call the g6turbo a value for money option as its 60k odd new but compared to the q7 its a bargin.

ahh i though they were 10k for a 3 day old one?

Mine drives fine, I like driving it than my 2008 D40 I had, feels heaps more solid. And goes around corners pritty dam well, been testing it put the past 10month driving over the bells line of road every week.

There's drivers and than there wheel holders...... Man up buddy

Mine drives fine, I like driving it than my 2008 D40 I had, feels heaps more solid. And goes around corners pritty dam well, been testing it put the past 10month driving over the bells line of road every week.

There's drivers and than there wheel holders...... Man up buddy

haha, I must be a wheel holder. :thumbsup:

I don't understand why people take criticism of their chosen vehicle so personally, maybe you should "man up buddy". :rolleyes:

I've had my fair share of "man's" vehicles,.... one was a lifted 'Cruiser ute on 33" muds and twin lockers, it drove like shit. It actually drove a bit more shit that the bog-stock 1998 GU wagon I owned briefly. Yes, they're completely drivable. No, they are not a paragon of refinement or driving joy.

If I were to be towing a large trailer over the Canning Stock Route, or off-raoding and needed maximum wheel articulation, I'd likely chose a Patrol.

That does not, however, make them "the" default choice for those who want for a good daily driver that can also tow their race car interstate comfortably time to time.