SAU Community

Good Tow Cars?

I ended up getting a nm pajero 6 months ago. Had someone run into my vt wagon so needed somthing quickly. Its an auto v6 exceed. Black leather and all the bells. We test drove paj and pardos of a similar examples. While the pardo was nice it wasn't worth the extra money for less features.

Wasn't interested in a diesel. For the extra a diesel cost and highter maintenance im happy with what I got.

Biggest down side is it did over heat on a hot day and after a bit of looking I found this was a very common problem. Gave the system an over haul and bigger rad and it's all sweet. Between my gf and I we toe every weekend and hasn't missed a beet

Falcon sedan with the ZF six speed auto. That's what I'm thinking of, under 100K klix, don't care if it is not the ideal tow car. Value for money, compact multi purpose car, can't see the benefit in a diesel at present given that they would cost more to buy, are not that much more economical if at all and with the CRD's maybe cost more to own. Falcons are unfashionable which = buyers market.

ZF's don't appear to require additional cooling for towing say 1900kg total but has anyone added a cooler?

I am a technician at a ford dealer and during training they stated the zf BF falcon and SY territory dont need an additional oil cooler for towing at all, and they are rated at 2300kg towing capacity. Also been told most cheap transmission oil coolers are no good for them as they dont have enough oil flow. So if you where going to fit one it would need to be the right oil cooler. If i was to use one for towing i would look at fitting a cooler myself.

Audi use Castrol lubricants, shouldn't be too over the top.

but not castrol lubricant bottles, those audi branded bottles are damn expensive. the service advisors will tell you that the correct weight oil isn't available over the counter at your local auto store and you have to purchase thru audi service and parts. i know as i have used this exact line to bullshit customers.

3.0L Turbo Diesel Manual Prado

/end thread

they are good but the tow rating is only 2.5 tones (gtr + trailer is about 2.5 t and my old prado was well flogged out towing it all the time)

mind you i miss my prado cause it had a beer fridge

they are good but the tow rating is only 2.5 tones (gtr + trailer is about 2.5 t and my old prado was well flogged out towing it all the time)

mind you i miss my prado cause it had a beer fridge

Not going to lie i didn't read any of the previous posts in this thread i replied to it while i was at work,

Prado's are amazing, i love driving the 2010's at work too bad the price tag is out of range.

servicing really is the key for the newer high pressure common rail stuff. clean oil and clean fuel keeps them alive

But fuel contaminants can apparently pass straight through a good OE filter. If rejected warranty claims are to be believed.

have read on many 4wd forums of people doing CAT filter upgrades, Cat make a twin filter kit that can be adapted to most diesels easily enough, im looking at doing it to mine cause its cheap, easier to replace them then OEM filters and if cat is to be believed provides far superior filtering