SAU Community

Good Tow Cars?

I take it all back Matt - falcodores are clearly the best tow cars. god only knows what their engineers were thinking when they limited them to just 1600kg without load stabilisers and 80km/h at their max tow rating. While the big 4WDs get much higher tow ratings without any caveats. falcodores tow better, stop better and crash 4 times less often than 4WDs! lol

Edited by hrd-hr30

I take it all back Matt - falcodores are clearly the best tow cars. god only knows what their engineers were thinking when they limited them to just 1600kg without load stabilisers and 80km/h at their max tow rating. While the big 4WDs get much higher tow ratings without any caveats. falcodores tow better, stop better and crash 4 times less often than 4WDs! lol

Have they broken you Harry???.

Whilst we tow with an EF Falcon wagon I would never ever say it's a tower's delight. It crap but I don't want a bloody 4WD sitting in my driveway doing nothing.

And NOW we have these rich bastards posting the great attributes of Euro 4WD's. You blokes are kidding yourselves,,,just can't wait till that control unit fails again,,,and why are you guy's using the 4 ring circus crap when clearly an X5 has been the euro daddy for over 10 years now. I very confused.

Cheers

Neil.

Have they broken you Harry???.

Whilst we tow with an EF Falcon wagon I would never ever say it's a tower's delight. It crap but I don't want a bloody 4WD sitting in my driveway doing nothing.

And NOW we have these rich bastards posting the great attributes of Euro 4WD's. You blokes are kidding yourselves,,,just can't wait till that control unit fails again,,,and why are you guy's using the 4 ring circus crap when clearly an X5 has been the euro daddy for over 10 years now. I very confused.

Cheers

Neil.

whaddaya mean NOW??? This thread was been talking about Touregs (and all the other tow cars we're still talking about) two and a half years ago!

whaddaya mean NOW??? This thread was been talking about Touregs (and all the other tow cars we're still talking about) two and a half years ago!

Yea NOW proberly wasn't my best work was it.

Tow vehicles worth more that whats being towed makes me laugh.

Cheers

Neil.

this one is only runnin an injected 350 chev, highway driving isn't much worse than my old vs wagon 13-15l per 100km.

around town is shocking tho. lucky i dont have to drive it far too work

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I am looking at getting a new car and will need to be able to tow my R33 GTR, has anyone had any experience with the new Kia Sorento. I would be looking at getting the Platinum in diesel. 2000KG towing capacity

There is also a G6E turbo coming up soon at work (ex company car) which has a heavy duty tow bar. 2300KG towing capacity

Would any of these cars be good for towing??

Cheers in advance

I've had my 2003 3L TD Navara for 6 months now, still living the dream, tow my 33 about once a month. Doesn't use much juice as long as I'm not in a hurry :) It's my daily too, get around 750kms from a tank, mostly because I drive like an old man though.

thats not bad, my BT-50 gets 700km per 55Lt.thats when the light comes on, tank is 70Lt so there is easy another 100-150km in it

Towed my 33 with my little BT-50 ute the otherday..I thought it might struggle a bit, but quite the opposite, it towed it like a champion...overtaking on the freeay and all..

Tows better than my mates Foulcan ever did. :thumbsup:

calling neil

how is the falcoon old son

time for a 4wd?

nasty....at least the stages was close enough to rescue the trailer. funnily enough the stagea pulled the foulcan up catherine hill too.

but i bet a foulcan motor is shitloads cheaper than a stagea, or even a q7 motor.