SAU Community

Swap Of R33 Gts-t Ac Console Into R33 Gtr?

AirPig76

Hi,

I am trying to find out if anyone has removed the R33 GTR air cond control unit and replaced the R33 GTR boost guage console with a R33 GTS-t air con control to create a double DIN space for stereo?

gts-t has the cut off on the top right hand side to fit the GTR but not sure if there has been any hassles with it.

Was the secondhand gts-t one hard to find or expensive?

I tried to search the forums and saw the R32 one but nothing for R33.

Any tips or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

P.S. I'm not able to PM reply as under 10 posts.

I cant see why that wouldn't work, but cant say for sure? the climate control units can be bought cheap off eBay every now and then. :)

I know, should be a straight swap but was hoping some one had done it before me! Will try this weekend.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• Latest Posts

• Ah damn. I might grab one myself because mine works most of the time lol 
    • Yes, I mentioned it in my first that I did everything that is mentioned online (Redo dry solders, clean connector between PCB's, etc.) and unfortunately it didn't solve it.  It crapped out again earlier today, so I replaced it. I'll keep the old one around to repair it at some point. 
    • I've looked at some oval stuff but still deciding what material to use for the back half to the muffler.   Yeah I do all my own stuff with ecu setup and have it sorted before generally paying someone (my old work) to do base runs and a few power runs then I'll do anything else myself at track or after review data. It's hard to find  a dyno owner these days that will hire out to random.
    • Injectors are told by the ECU to open for certain amounts of time. If the injector flows more fuel, but the ECU doesn't know this, and is told to open for the same amount of time as the stock, smaller injector, then the larger injector will flow too much fuel/more fuel than the engine/ecu is expecting. You absolutely need an ECU to control injectors. You don't need a tune for a fuel pump (because your fuel pressure should remain the same assuming the regulator works). You don't need a tune for an exhaust (the parameters for fuel and air going into the motor have not changed much) You don't need a tune for an Intercooler (the parameters for fuel and air going into the motor have not changed much, it's just the air is cooler) Yes, forum regulars, I know that you really should get a tune for an Exhaust, and Intercooler. These *will* affect the tune, but the stock tune does have some leniency to it with stock AFM and Injectors. Intercooler and Exhaust will fit within this wiggle room. So will running a boost tee to about 10psi, which is a very old way of increasing boost which is not worth doing in 2024. The ECU is vital. It runs the whole show. Most people change injectors and ECU at the same time for this reason. Some people load base maps on some ECU's that have ballpark figures for injector sizing. Sometimes injector manufacturers are really great and tell you what parameters to input into your ECU, which is something you can do with your new shiny ECU. For a beginner, this may enable you to drive to the tuner to have an expert do the rest. Otherwise, you're installing injectors and ECU at home, and paying for a tow to a dyno. Or, you take the car to a workshop (be happy to travel across Melb for the right shop) and someone who knows RB will be able to source/provide/install injectors and tune the car at the same time if they have a dyno or access to a dyno. The reason so many people DIY things here is because finding said workshop is hard, expensive, potentially getting things wrong with miscommunication/other.
    • @robbo_rb180 do you tune your cars yourself or do you send them to someone? If you do it yourself, do you hire a dyno, or tune it after logging it at the track? Meaning like touch ups when you tweak or modify something a bit