SAU Community

R34gtt Manual Conversion Wiring

Hi guys.

Seen some pretty nice manual conversion write ups but I fail to find appropriate information when it comes to plugging in a powerFC.

My ER34 as I've just found out after purchasing a powerfc in fact was an automatic conversion, causing problems with HICAS, aircon MIL etc.

Does anyone know how to convert it 100% for the powerfc to plug in as normal into a manual R34 or the changes required?

Cheers

The ER34 PowerFC is the same as the stock ecu, it just expects the normal sensors to work and be present

if there are sensors not working or out of range etc the engine check light will remain on

you can see what sensors are toast by looking at ETC, SENSOR SW CHECK on the hand controller

any sensor that is toast will be highlighted in a black background

The ER34 PowerFC is the same as the stock ecu, it just expects the normal sensors to work and be present

if there are sensors not working or out of range etc the engine check light will remain on

you can see what sensors are toast by looking at ETC, SENSOR SW CHECK on the hand controller

any sensor that is toast will be highlighted in a black background

Hi Paul

Thanks for the reply. Even my tuner is stumped by the HICAS, TCS and aircon. I presume the Tps (THR black background int he pfc) diverts or relies on a signal or output from the shift control unit? I have the service manual but when I read the wiring diagram I look like :) <-- this. So i really cant find if this control unit between the fusebox and the door edge is actually between the normal signals coming to and going out of the ECU

If anyones interested I can upload the wiring diagram to check it out.

Cheers

It should be fairly simple, does the car run fine? with the PFC?

Hi URAS

yes mate the car drives perfectly no idle hunts, smooth acceleration (still the standard PFC map) even when you poke it a bit knock levels under 30, cold starts jsut as easy as warm. Mods are simple just a pod filter and 3" turbo back exhaust, only boosted to 10psi. The only things that I know of that DONT work is the TCS cannot be toggled on or off. its simply off. and the a/c compressor. the a/c console functions perfectly and is even rekognised as being turned on and off in the sw/sensor check on the PFC.

cheers

• 1 month later...

Hey guys,

I didn't want to start a new thread and hopefully this one was just lost and not an unknown resolution. Something else I've found is that a NEO AFC throttle sensor reads fine 0-100% and both the PFC and Impul ECU drive fine. just have these problems with the PFC.

cheers