SAU Community

How Much Of A Fine Should I Budget For?

Sparkys

As the title states, my wife just rang and she got busted twice by a fixed camera for speeding within ten minutes of each other (South Australia obviously). The first one she said she was doing roughly 10km over the limit (in a 50 zone) and the second one she was doing roughly 20km over the limit (again in a 50 zone). How much of a fine can she expect for this breach of the law?

I need to budget for it :)

Cheers

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

expect anywhere from around $400 up to $700 mate.....how unlucky getting done twice in 10 minutes.....but thats the price you pay for speeding....unfortunate but its the law...so yeah expect a hefty one coming soon in your mailbox mate...there will also be a big dent in the demerit points for her

goodluck and hope its a small amount

its about $204 for 60 in a 50 zone that again for 20kph over but also add another 80$ my guestinateguestimate is $488. Personally i would take her keys off her :)

its about $204 for 60 in a 50 zone that again for 20kph over but also add another 80$ my guestinateguestimate is $488. Personally i would take her keys off her :)

yeah just over a year ago mine was 57 in a 50, $197 from memory.

its about $204 for 60 in a 50 zone that again for 20kph over but also add another 80$ my guestinateguestimate is $488. Personally i would take her keys off her :P

Isnt it 15k over the 1st bracket pretty sure you in new territory with the 2nd fine.

hold on let me get this straight, she gets done by 1 and then speeds up more ;)

i recommend getting her a car with a low rear license plate and a tow bar :)

Just think of the money you'll save and get back, once the missus loses her licence ... one less car to rego, insure, pay for fuel, service etc.

:)

i just paid 201 bucks for a speed camera fine i was 10 ks over this was only a few weeks ago .

i was rushing the dog to the vet after he ate ratsack . so im happy the wear that one dog made a full recovery im pleased to say

my piece of paper says $290 + $20 levy and that was for in a 50 zone

but no one knows the speed , fine says "exceed speed in built up area" and that was from a patrol car , not a camera ;)

my mate got done twice in 10 minutes 6 months ago and lost his license cause he was on his P's

lol see this is what i find funny. All they bang on about is speed kills yet everyone in this thread has exceeded the speed limit and is still alive...

10 - 20 k's tom3h? more like 170 km over the limit.