SAU Community

The Truth Is Out - Adm Vs Jdm At The Dyno

09GTR

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

how to adjust the boost???

Get a quality GTR spec tuner to do it with a Cobb Access Port, and for real fun add an HKS 570 kit plus rear exhaust. Mine is being installed now. I've decided to add a T1R Sparrow rear exhaust for good measure. Should be good for 600 horsepower at the wheels. I'll know for sure in a week or so.

The whole point of hand assembly in climate controlled rooms is to achieve a high degree of repetition in tolerances. When something measures up out of spec it goes into the rubish bin as a rejected component.

Hmmmm.... So you know how Cadbury sell the chocolate that didn't pass quality control for ridiculously cheap prices......

I'd be happy to pick up a VR38 that was a little down on power for cheap!

Hmmmm.... So you know how Cadbury sell the chocolate that didn't pass quality control for ridiculously cheap prices......

I'd be happy to pick up a VR38 that was a little down on power for cheap!

No they send it to australia :(

could you just reflash the adm gtr with jdm ecu settings?

I not sure, you'd be in virgin territory there I think, you might as well just do the Cobb. Give Jim at Croydon Racing Developments a buzz, he'll be able to give you the options.

I have dynoed my 09 GTR ADM - its putting out 295.5 kilowatts at all four wheels.

The Jap Spec car on the same dyno (at Croydon Racing Developments) put out 310 kw

Why the difference?

Because the ADM is running 12 psi boost, the JDM (stock) is running 15 psi!

That is why Jap cars are recording 0 - 100 in 3.3 seconds

My HKS 570 kit will be installed in a week. I look forward to bringing you the numbers...

same dyno, but no one has mentioned the same day or near the same time, or similar atmospheric pressures, temperatures, humidity ect...

Who knows, maybe nissan figured out that reducing the psi of the turbos by 3psi gave it much better response or something, or they figured that their is much less stress on the car as a whole with nearly asmuch power as having it run on 15psi. who knows...

Something is wrong here guys - we get bent over for the price of the cars thanks to the great tax system and protectionism for some retards that work at GMH or Ford Oz that probably drives a Hyundai himself. Get bent over for the money, then we get the least optioned vehicles around, or we get no options at all. WTFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF.

PS: I'm just having a rant, sorry, I'm pissed off.

Something is wrong here guys - we get bent over for the price of the cars thanks to the great tax system and protectionism for some retards that work at GMH or Ford Oz that probably drives a Hyundai himself. Get bent over for the money, then we get the least optioned vehicles around, or we get no options at all. WTFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF.

PS: I'm just having a rant, sorry, I'm pissed off.

Places like malaysia have 200% import tax.....think yourself lucky!

could you just reflash the adm gtr with jdm ecu settings?

No its not going to work.

I have sent the adm rom file to Cobb, they are working on it. We will have ADM very soon

Get a quality GTR spec tuner to do it with a Cobb Access Port, and for real fun add an HKS 570 kit plus rear exhaust. Mine is being installed now. I've decided to add a T1R Sparrow rear exhaust for good measure. Should be good for 600 horsepower at the wheels. I'll know for sure in a week or so.

So with a this 570kit + rear exhaust you are going to net 200hp more at all four wheels...........You are dreaming.

I don't think those tiny turbos can push that much air.

Well on the weekend at the ATC held in Vic there were 2 dead stock ADM R35 GT-R's that when both used LC in Auto R/R/R over an 800m drag on the Holden Proving Ground Speed Bowl were nearly 1s different in times. Each car had 4 runs and all 4 runs for each car were basically exactly the same time BUT the 2 cars were around 1s different (and around a 10km/hr terminal speed difference). Car 1 did it in around 18.2s with top speed of 250km/hr and the 2nd car was 18.9s and 142km/hr.

So not all R35's are created equal even when comparing ADM v ADM let alone ADM v JDM.

It's amazing how close the times were

4 different drivers in 3 R35s

although the JDM car is quickest (J B)

.........run 1.....run 2.....difference

A R.....20.06.....19.81-------.25

B P.....19.81.....20.00-------.19

M T.....19.21.....19.20-------.01

J B......18.56.....18.59-------.03

I have dynoed my 09 GTR ADM - its putting out 295.5 kilowatts at all four wheels.

The Jap Spec car on the same dyno (at Croydon Racing Developments) put out 310 kw

Why the difference?

Because the ADM is running 12 psi boost, the JDM (stock) is running 15 psi!

That is why Jap cars are recording 0 - 100 in 3.3 seconds

My HKS 570 kit will be installed in a week. I look forward to bringing you the numbers...

Nissan Australia are saying that they never claimed the Australian delivered car could run 0-100km/h in 3.5 seconds. I have a booklet produced by Nissan International which clearly states the 3.5 seconds for the 0-60mph (0-96.7km/h) test. Has Nissan mislead buyers with performance figures that the Australian GTR cannot achieve? The recent testing in Motor Magazine clearly shows this (June 09 issue).

Test results from the USA and Japan shows that the car is more than capable of achieving these times or better repetitively. I think the Australia cars have been detuned due to all the warranty issues they have had in the USA with transmission failures and making buyers sign the pre-purchase customer agreement with all the constraints/cavearts. We shouldn't have to buy and fit aftermarket performance equipment to get the performance we have paid for and promised by Nissan.

My new GTR arrives in Australia on 8th June 09 and I am hoping that Nissan Australia can make it the real “everyday Supercar” it is meant to be! I am sure Nissan can easily reload the improved ECU mapping required to get the performance they promised to buyers all around the world.

See the Youtube link showing Nissan CEO Carlos Ghosn at the Nissan GTR launch in LA 2008 stating that the GTR is capable of 0-60mph in 3.5 seconds (at 2:40min mark in the video):

Also:

http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do/Features/articleId=140966

Nissan Australia are saying that they never claimed the Australian delivered car could run 0-100km/h in 3.5 seconds. I have a booklet produced by Nissan International which clearly states the 3.5 seconds for the 0-60mph (0-96.7km/h) test. Has Nissan mislead buyers with performance figures that the Australian GTR cannot achieve? The recent testing in Motor Magazine clearly shows this (June 09 issue).

Test results from the USA and Japan shows that the car is more than capable of achieving these times or better repetitively. I think the Australia cars have been detuned due to all the warranty issues they have had in the USA with transmission failures and making buyers sign the pre-purchase customer agreement with all the constraints/cavearts. We shouldn't have to buy and fit aftermarket performance equipment to get the performance we have paid for and promised by Nissan.

My new GTR arrives in Australia on 8th June 09 and I am hoping that Nissan Australia can make it the real "everyday Supercar" it is meant to be! I am sure Nissan can easily reload the improved ECU mapping required to get the performance they promised to buyers all around the world.

See the Youtube link showing Nissan CEO Carlos Ghosn at the Nissan GTR launch in LA 2008 stating that the GTR is capable of 0-60mph in 3.5 seconds (at 2:40min mark in the video):

Also:

http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do/Features/articleId=140966

I understand where you are coming from, BUT if you are going to challenge Nissan AU, you will need a) Nissan AU published claimed performance times. Might be a silly question but do they exist??

And to be frank, after having done 5 track days since i picked the car up, the car is not really about 0~100 performance, there is just so much more to this car. I bought the car to get 911 turbo performance (at the circuit) and as far as i am concerned it does as advertised.