It's amazing how close the times were

4 different drivers in 3 R35s

although the JDM car is quickest (J B)

.........run 1.....run 2.....difference

A R.....20.06.....19.81-------.25

B P.....19.81.....20.00-------.19

M T.....19.21.....19.20-------.01

J B......18.56.....18.59-------.03

Yeah but Jeff - the AR and BP times were the same car (stock ADM) - the MT was the other stock ADM car whilst your times were from a JDM car with an Accessport! They were 3 very different times between the cars though given they are the same car and the fact that each car could easily replicate it's own times.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...
A little off topic here but I have a question for the R35 GTR owners... How do the R35 GTR's compare to the earlier model GTR's as far as being a drivers car goes?

One of the best driving experiences in a GTR ive had was in a lightly tuned R32, the balance and response of the car and how easy it was to control once the car was pushed beyond the traction limit of the tyres was inspirational. Pushing it past understeer into power oversteer balancing throttle and steering etc. My R34 comes very close and will hopefully be as good as if not better with a few alterations I am working on.

I recently saw the new Jeremey Clarkson film called Thriller, and he doesnt like the GTR at all. He tends to lean to ferrari and the lambo's, but I cant help but think he just isnt a good enough driver to push the limits of the R35 GTR. They didnt show him geting the car sideways once on that film.

So I was wondering, how does the R35 GTR feel when pushed to the limits of traction and beyond?

hi, had lightly modified R33 with type HA teins suspension but the road handling was no comparison to the new 35. Can't tell you about the power though as i am still running in

The first thing I did to my old R33 GTR was remove the Tein HA's! They were crap with 12/8kg springs and valving designed to shatter your vertebrae. Utterly useless for the street.

HA's are about the bottom rung of japanese aftermarket suspension. they are (were) the cheapest teins you could get that had damper adjustment. they are a cheap twin tube shock that in reality is no better (maybe worse) than stock GTR gear. but that's kind of OT. thank god they are discontinued!

Indeed. The only thing they were good for was lowering your car to the bump stops. Definatly worse than stock. I ended up selling the R33 gtr with stock R34 suspension fitted with lowered springs. Cheap but way better than the teins.