SAU Community

Conflicting Gt3076r Specs, Please Help

I've just ordered a GT3076r for an RB25/30

Comp 0.6A/R

Trim 56

Turbine 0.82A/R

Recently been advised this configuation isn't available, only with a 0.86 A/R rear.

Who makes the 0.86 ?

If I strictly want the 0.82 rear then trim has to be 52 and Comp cover either 0.5 or 0.7 A/R.

Can anyone please confirm these specs are correct.

Cheers.

Edited by conan7772

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Strange.

Horse power in a box don't do the 0.6 comp with 0.82 rear in 56 trim.

Check out the turbo charts.

Another US distibutor was the same.

Can't seem to get the genuine Garrett package anywhere.

Maybe due to back log ?

ANyone know ?

Cheers.

were you trying to get the rear housing to have a skyline dump pipe pattern on it? if so then that may be the reason as garret housings aren't compatiable with the skyline dump pipe. if you weren't and just getting the garret housing, then it sounds a bit odd.

actually, was just looking and the person may have gotten it confused with a 3071r as the 3071r comes in a 0.5 AR compressor with a 0.86 rear

http://www.turbobygarrett.com/turbobygarre...R_700382_20.htm

Adelaide turbo services - GT3076

rear AVO .73 skyline 6bolt housing

front ported Nissan 45V4 compressor housing 60-Trim

centre Garrett bb CHRA 700177-3

very very very NICE

auto, stock injectors, 240rwkw

:)

Adelaide turbo services - GT3076

rear AVO .73 skyline 6bolt housing

front ported Nissan 45V4 compressor housing 60-Trim

centre Garrett bb CHRA 700177-3

very very very NICE

auto, stock injectors, 240rwkw

:)

Whens full boost? 4800rpm??

How much boost? 20psi?

Ive had headwork and got tomei cams/springs

starts boost 2400 rpm

full boost by 3500 - 3800 rpm depending on conditions (road/gear/standing-start or cruising-punch)

very responsive. 180kmph overdrive gear @ 3200rpm with steady full boost, pulling

full boost of 1.05bar (15psi) before 4000 rpm, and just pulls hard onwards holding boost the whole way (profec-b).

rated for 280rwkw

with S15 480cc injector upgrade and a re-remap of my ecu would net me 260rwkw+

240kw is fine for the moment, but eventually will do this ^ :)

and wind up for a 18psi tune (1.25bar)

Had the gt3076r with 0.7 rear housing (Had the id tag 3037) So that core with the Garrett Gt30 anti surge front housing and AVO rear housing to suit rb25det.

Couldnt push more then 250rwkw on 20psi without major det, dont think that rear housing is any good, id stick with the garrett one or got for an hks gt3037 pro s

Had the gt3076r with 0.7 rear housing (Had the id tag 3037) So that core with the Garrett Gt30 anti surge front housing and AVO rear housing to suit rb25det.

Couldnt push more then 250rwkw on 20psi without major det, dont think that rear housing is any good, id stick with the garrett one or got for an hks gt3037 pro s

cheers for the info Dynamite

ATS rates their version at 280rwkw, and frankly Im real happy with 240kw atm, seeing its auto & stock injectors.

I would hope for above 250kw tho if/when I upgrade the injectors/ecu-remap/1.3bar boost tune...... seeing Ive got a strong freshly worked head, etc.

With bottom end work (forgies,gtr rods,bearings) Id hit 270rwkw at 20psi Im sure. But then Id need to see Mike at MV Automatics again :)

Comes down to who built/balanced the turbo, and If you've got a strong engine. And the gearbox.

This current 240kw tune has no detonation, whereas a previous tune of 190kw with the ex- slide highflow had an 'ol rattle & shake'...

No worries, mine was from horsepower in a box, rated at 300rwkw

I made 210rwkw on the stock series 2 turbo then upgraded

nismo 555cc injectors, z32 afm, gt3076r with avo rear housing, bosch 044,and only made 250rwkw...

Felt like i was the ginnie pig testing this turbo....

Now i wouldnt touch any GCG or AVO or hi flow for that matter

Only genuine Garrett or Hks

Edited by DYNAMITE

were you trying to get the rear housing to have a skyline dump pipe pattern on it? if so then that may be the reason as garret housings aren't compatiable with the skyline dump pipe. if you weren't and just getting the garret housing, then it sounds a bit odd.

actually, was just looking and the person may have gotten it confused with a 3071r as the 3071r comes in a 0.5 AR compressor with a 0.86 rear

No, I'll need a new dump pipe anyway.

I just strictly want the genuine Garrett turbine WITHOUT any machining and/or cropping merely to merit a re-badge.

As far as I can see, HKS are the only ones worthy of this, but hey you gotta pay for it.

Anyway, most of the custom rears were designed for 4 cylinder aps, trying to find good middle ground.

My setup is the RB25/30 pushing 284rwkw with a high-flow (now blown), 256 poncams, 555 cc injectors, Haltech s2000, plazmaman 70mm TB and custom fuel rail.

From all the threads I've read, consistent problems arise with custom modified hot sides on the six cylinders.

Boost creep, boost spike, boost drop, unmatched flow etc.

Most distributors are now supplying the 0.70 AR comp with the GT3076R according to their charts except GCG.

I know there's currently a huge demand and back order on these popular models.

I'm assuming some suppliers put together their own configs just to keep sales going out the door. I may be wrong.

Anyway, I'm staying with what the threads have illustrated, Garrett unmodified turbine.

0.70 comp might be better with the RB30 and cams.

Should get over 330 rwkw.

But I'd still prefer the 0.60 for me, after the high flow at full boost at 2800 rpm, and 974 Nm of torque, that's power on demand!

GT3076r Garrett version with 0.82 housing will make over 300rwkw and be as responsive as

Or you could go gt3540 and have not as much response and make well over 350rwkw

Had the second setup in my gts4 with a 25/30, lethal on the street

Yeah you're right, and the 0.86 has a 3.5mm smaller turbine wheel.

Might be a bad flow match for the 76mm comp wheel.

This is where I'm afraid because of the back orders, suppliers are selling whatever they can to keep sales up whilst the next containers arrive. Maybe...

I have been tring to track down one of these 700382-12 Gt3076 for the last 3 days. Everyone is saying there is no stock of the rear.82 5 bolt IW housings.

Some have said there should be in the next 3-4 weeks, others have said some time in August