SAU Community

Vipec Yes Or No

im loocking into installing a vipec into my r32 sedan rb20 det

it seems like the cheap option and has lots of fruit like built in boost controll and free software to moniter with laptop...

but the word cheep is what scares me is it ne good?

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ask however is going to tune it what they would prefer to tune and setup

no good picking HKS FCON etc if you cant find anyone that will tune it or tune it a reasonable cost

im loocking into installing a vipec into my r32 sedan rb20 det

it seems like the cheap option and has lots of fruit like built in boost controll and free software to moniter with laptop...

but the word cheep is what scares me is it ne good?

Yes it is very good, with great tech support too. I would know, have one on my GTR.

most places your not going to be able to get the vipec installed & tuned for under 2500-2600, so wouldn't exactly call it cheap lol. Still I like mine.

my tuner (Yavuz from Unigroup) also recomended Nistune ... cheap and fully tunable and has auto-retard etc. Obviously you don't get nifty little features like logging, hand controllers etc but it's cheap and does the trick.

Vi-pec is the best ecu for the price by far.

Nistune is good and also cheap. I prefer vipec

Define how you knocked every other ECU out at that price range?

For the same price range, you have the Adaptronic ECU, that does everything the VIPEC does, and it is 100% local.

actually the G4 (cough ViPec), has 8 injector outputs and 4 ignition, of which it uses 3 in wastespark mode.

(yes you can use the two spare inj outputs, one is actually used for your idle solenoid)

Also, be aware as of this time, the G4/Vipec only has open loop boost control. Supposed to be a firmware update soon to add closed loop, but then it will need to be tested to compare to standalone.

Also it has an expansion connector inside for wiring in other stuff if your so inclined. I've got my Link G4 setup with Turbine Inlet Pressure, Fuel Pressure, Oil Pressure, Oil Temp, And Wideband AFR.

It has 2 digital inputs spare of which i use one for an 4D overlay Ignition retard table based on RPM and TPS, that allows my custom auto controller to pull timing on shift which varies with throttle position and the second is a simple

switch input for anti-lag .... and now that i use a Gizzmo boost controller, i have 3 spare Aux output still to come up with something for. (One is scheduled for the water injection), and i'll have to struggle to come up with two other things to use the other 2 for.

So yeah, there a pretty good bit of gear for a 'cheapie' , apparently !

Gary

Does the adaptronic have 6 injector and 6 ignition outputs in a plug and play config?

4 Injector outs, 3 Ignition.

No issues with that, although the new one from memory is 12 injector outs and 8 ignition outs...

Along with traction control, launch control, closed loop boost, auto tune features for fuel and an indicator setup to tell you if you'll get more power increasing or decreasing timing. Retard on knock as well as the ability to enrich or lean. closed loop idle, closed loop fuel, as well as adaptive fuel, logging features, duel maps (Flick a switch and it'll swap over) or if you run something like the GTR, Map X TPS X RPM tuning. Also has boost cuts, soft and hard rev limits, water temp adjustable rev limits (if it's cold, lower the rev limiter) as well as basically every other feature the Vipec has, as well as it being OWNED in Australia, 100% supported in Australia, and has been around longer and tested for longer.

The only reason Vipec got such a "name" so fast, is because they worked on getting work shops promoting it. Adaptronic work on making their ECU better... :(

And yes, the unit is plug and play for alot of the skylines.

Define how you knocked every other ECU out at that price range?

For the same price range, you have the Adaptronic ECU, that does everything the VIPEC does, and it is 100% local.

Have they fixed the crappy connectors which cause endless dramas.... and the adaptronic is way out of its league compared to the vipec / Link G4 but it is a great hobby ecu.

Edited by URAS

I agree the adaptronic is a good bit of gear, though i wouldnt say batch fire isnt an issue. Batch fire with large injectors can certainly cause idle mixture issues with small displacement/cylinder motors.

Have they fixed the crappy connectors which cause endless dramas.... and the adaptronic is way out of its league compared to the vipec / Link G4 but it is a great hobby ecu.

hobby ecu..

is microtech classed as a hobby ecu too trent?

lol

You're the only person I've heard complain of the connectors.

Have you given any feed back and then chased it up with Adaptronic?

Please explain the "problems" these connectors have.

Also, how does it become a "hobby" ecu compared to the Vipec, when it basically does everything the Vipec does, at much the same cost? Explain, in full details its downfalls against the Vipec.

You're the only person I've heard complain of the connectors.

Have you given any feed back and then chased it up with Adaptronic?

Please explain the "problems" these connectors have.

Also, how does it become a "hobby" ecu compared to the Vipec, when it basically does everything the Vipec does, at much the same cost? Explain, in full details its downfalls against the Vipec.

why should i waste time giving feedback to help develop their product.... i already have plenty of capable ecu's to choose from.

Edited by URAS

so if I came to you for a tune and wasn't 100% happy with it, I should just come to the forums and bag you out instead of talking to you first ?? :ninja:

Edited by Delta Force