SAU Community

Write Ups On R34 Smic Install Onto R32?

i have an r34 SMIC which id like to install on an r32 with the stock SMIC, its got an rb25 series II turbo and full exhaust, does anyone have any info on the swap as i can find anything, or any experiences after they did the swap??

its probably more beneficial to install a fmic and do it properly over the SMIC

find a local workshop and ask for a price for a FMIC supplied / fitted

should be near $500 mark - why would you bother with a SMIC in that case?

Hey Mate,

I used a R34 SMIC on my RB25 and it worked alot better than the stock R33 one. I noticed alot more response and it seemed to pull harder. You should swap them over for sure :P

Putting it in is really easy, just unbolt the old intercooler and bolt the new one in. Out of the 4 bolts only 3 reached on mine, but 3 is enough to hold it in place. It fits really well and the pipes should line up with it straight away. I also removed the plastic duct that was infront of the intercooler, seemed to be blocking alot of it off. Best way to get to it is jack up the car, turn the wheel to the right so you have heaps of room and then you should see it. I also removed my front bumper as it made it alot easier.

Hope that helps ya! :P

i have an r34 SMIC which id like to install on an r32 with the stock SMIC, its got an rb25 series II turbo and full exhaust, does anyone have any info on the swap as i can find anything, or any experiences after they did the swap??

the R34 smic are better for about half a lap then they are just as crap as any other SMIC.... Even the ARC ones are not that flash for any serious performance. They all heat soak badly.

http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/R3...ts-t158811.html

Theres a previous thread on what needs to be done. I've done it myself as well, as I didn't want to go for the FMIC at this stage; only going for around 200kw and want to keep it stock looking (also didn't want to cut the car to pieces to get it to fit).

You need to get one of the end tanks modified so that the pipe comes out the other side, this cost me $100 from an aluminium welder. You will then need to possible modify the existing hard tube (that curls from the cooler behind the front bar) and you also might need to slightly enlarge the holes between the engine bay and where the intercooler sits. Finally you will need to bend up some custom brackets from some sheet steel to hold it in place, as your existing brackets won't fit.