SAU Community

Where Can I Find Someone To Mount On My 6 X 9 Speakers In The Back Or My R33

I'm pretty sure you need to cut the parcel tray to fit 6x9's in the back. From my knowledge its a defect to do so, do you have subs in the car? If you do there's no need for 6x9's, get the 6 or 6 1/2" speakers for the back. 6x9's are better for more bass.

had 6x9's in my r33 just had to remove the child restraints and i bought a couple of 6x9 mounts from autobarn it was a tight fit,and u have to make sure the connection is well insulated otherwise it will touch the parcel shelf

had 6x9's in my r33 just had to remove the child restraints and i bought a couple of 6x9 mounts from autobarn it was a tight fit,and u have to make sure the connection is well insulated otherwise it will touch the parcel shelf

hi guys i do this 4 a job so if you want something done in sound gear see me 4 a good price [email protected]

I still have these so I'm happy to pass them on for $25 the pair. They are sitting around in my way and would love to move them on to somebody that can find them useful. pm me

Don't get pods, they are ugly as.

I can sell you an already made parcel chelf and I can cover it with what ever you like leather, swade, carpet etc.

Basically, once you get the outline correct with the 3 mm MDF, you have to cut the holes in a 45 degree angle to best fit the standard holes.

DO NOT CUT into your parcel shalf.

After that, you go to clark rubber and get some 10mm thick rubber and glue it to the bottom of the 3mm mdf parcel shelf.

This will enable you to raise the speakers so they dont touch your parcel shelf and battery.

Then just fit it all in.

I am located in canberra if you need some help I'd be more than happy to give you a hand.

I've also got a parcel shelf, already cut with the holes and everything to fit an R33 GTS-T (3mm MDF with speaker holes cut out).

Cheers

i dont know why people are coming up with all these ideas of cuttingthinngs custom things etc when all he wants is to mount his 6x9s?

The way i mounted 6x9s in a mates car,

-walked into autobarn bought some spacers which are simple 6x9 little things that match the colour of ur parcel shelf these were around the ~$10 mark for the pair

-Removed the old speakers, a couple screws pretty simple really

-Glued in the spacers to the parcel shelf(I didnt think this was the best idea, but they dont rattle at all and has some serious bass, also hasnt come loose in over a year!) this could probably be screwed in if u can b f*kd

-Screwed the new 6x9s into the freshly glued spacers(which have holes for screws), plugged in the wire that came out of the old speakers (alternative to this is run to an amp you have)

And finished, this may not be the most proffesional way, but it sure as hell beats the $89 he was quoted for less than 15 minutes work!!