SAU Community

The E3 Thread!

kralster

Well E3 is back this year. My boss is there (even though i should be too) So I thought a thread about all the latest happens in the gaming world would be good.

The most important news this year has been announced and that is THEY ARE MAKING A NEW MONKEY ISLAND GAME!!!!! Easily my favourite game of all time. So as long as they don't f**k it up with stupid shit i'll be happy.

Post all your E3 news in here!

Well this what's posted on Whirlpool today

From Microsoft

• Alan Wake dated (spring 2010)
  • Motion / depth sensing camera prototype demonstrated
  • Last FM on NXE for Xbox Live Gold users
  • Facebook / Twitter integration into NXE
  • New Metal Gear Solid on the 360 featuring Raiden
  • Various XBLA titles that look pretty entertaining (including Monkey Island!)
  • Zune Store coming to Australia
  • Halo: Reach announced
  • Halo ODST dated and priced (full price game despite being a short campaign)
  • Forza 3 demoed (holy crap!)
  • Splinter Cell Conviction announced and demoed
  • Left for Dead 2 announced for 360 and PC
  • Crackdown 2 announced
  • Exclusive Beatles music on Xbox Live
  • Full retail 360 games available for download via Xbox Live (pricing / catalog not announced)
  • Live TV streaming over 360 (countries not identified, probably not ANZ)
  • Digital distribution of full release games for the 360. Coming August
  • Avatar Marketplace with unlockable game costumes.

From Electronic Arts

• Dante's Inferno game due Q3 09
  • Bunch of Littlest Pet Shop games, including Littlest Pet Shop Online (GOTY?)
  • Need for Speed Shift looking pretty, cockpit view focus of gameplay
  • Dragon Age on consoles and PC Oct 20
  • Mass Effect 2 on PC and 360 early next year
  • Fight Night 4 stuff (out later this month)
  • New MMA game from EA
  • Team Builder' for NCAA game
  • Another Madden game...
  • EA Sports Active for Wii due end of year
  • EA Grand Slam Tennis
  • The Saboteur' – kinda like a stealthy GTA set in WW2 Paris
  • Brutal Legend looking bigger and better – will feature Ozzy
  • Crysis 2 announced
  • EA partnered with Realtime Worlds (Crackdown / APB devs). APB looking like a nice little 100 player MMO.
  • Star Wars – The Old Republic to be 'first ever fully-voiced MMO'. Lots of talking to skip through.

From Ubisoft

• They're doing some game / movie cross-over stuff with James Cameron. Very bizarre.
  • Rabbids are crossing with Katamari and throwing in some enemies, trying to get back to the moon.
  • A million and one IMAGINE games coming out everywhere involving babyz, petz, and other 'z's. Tweens are also getting some action, if you care. Style Labs Makeup will let you apply your own makeup.
  • There's a new fitness game on the way to the Wii that'll use a webcam, due at Xmas.
  • RUSE (an RTS) was shown, same trailer as at GDC, nothing new.
  • More Splinter Cell: Conviction stuff, complete with abusive interrogation.
  • No More Heroes 2 being published by Ubi.
  • TMNT coming
  • Academy of Champions, a stylised Wii soccer game.
  • Red Steel 2 with one-to-one motion sword controls through Motion Plus. Will include Motion Plus as a pack-in.
  • Assassin's Creed 2 live-action short movies on the way prior to launch.
  • Assassin's Creed 2 due out on November 17th.
  • Ubi-specific 'U-Play' on the way, centralised shopfront through Ubisoft games (think PSN or NXE, but only for Ubisoft games).
  • Project Eden (a new game) coming out, but no details.

Currently awaiting the Playstation Keynote address which happens in the next couple of days

Yes very much looking forward to alan wake. That was originally gonna be out in 2007 or so. Shaping up to be very good, hopefully it puts the new crappy silent hill to shame.

I'm interested to see what happens with this new 360 camera some of it sounds very cool, but being a core gamer i'd rather play a real game than some gimmicky camera movement based thing.

Project Natal is all you need to know! lol, google that and all will be revealed on the 360's new motion sensor tech

Project Natal is very interesting indeed...I would like to see in in the flesh and try it for myself.

Ooohhher.. Assasins Creed 2.... Nice!!

Project Natal..... could they not have picked a better name than something to do with a fetus (sp??)

Even though i dont work in the IT industry anymore i would love to go, might check if its coming to Perth!

I am still hanging out to purchase the new G19 keyboard....

Can you guys time some pics for me at all by any chance on new gaming hardware like keyboards/mice, also if you see any new DX11 cards that have been talked about releasing in the future.

Have fun guys! Sounds awesome!

AC2 looks sweet as.

MGS:R... I dont know - less stealth more action apparently.

Forza 3 looks good.

Natal seems more of a gimmick than the Wiimote is - its like a more sophisticated version of the Eyetoy. WAY too much effort for people to bother + not coming standard with the console = In MY opinion it wont succeed.

Now for Sony to announce.... Zone of the Enders 3, Gran Turismo 5 release date, Metal Gear Solid 5 etc

Very good point Vu, they are targeting stupid people that like the wii console with the natal. So it needs to come as a bundle with the xbox console, otherwise they won't buy it.

Project Natal is very interesting indeed...I would like to see in in the flesh and try it for myself.

agreed

Ooohhher.. Assasins Creed 2.... Nice!!

Project Natal..... could they not have picked a better name than something to do with a fetus (sp??)

Even though i dont work in the IT industry anymore i would love to go, might check if its coming to Perth!

I am still hanging out to purchase the new G19 keyboard....

Can you guys time some pics for me at all by any chance on new gaming hardware like keyboards/mice, also if you see any new DX11 cards that have been talked about releasing in the future.

Have fun guys! Sounds awesome!

also looking forward to Assassins Creed 2

I am pretty skeptical of anything that uses motion sensitivity as it seems to be something that is very difficult to get precise, that said, the day that something comes out and is virtually flawless in its ability to detect motion/movement ill be much more interested in the concept.

From Sony

• PS3 Related
  • New Motion Controller announced that works inconjuction with the Playstation Eye (not another one)
  • God Of War III announced and demoed - release in 2010
  • Uncharted 2: Among Thieves announced and demoed
  • New GT5 Demo Video shown - still no release date confirmed (damn)
  • The Last Guardian announced
  • MAG annouced and demoed - Looks good, 256 player multiplayer is alot! Let's hope that lag issues are sorted
  • Ratchet and Clank Future: Crack in Time announced
  • Final Fantasy XIII announced and new footage shown
  • Final Fantasy XIV announced, will be MMO and playable only on PSN
  • ModNationRacers annouced and demo shown (game is go-karting with LittleBigPlanet customisation - customise your character, kart and create your own track
  • Agent announced. PS3 Exclusive game developed by Rockstar (It's an espionage game set in the 1970s during the Cold War)
    A Montage of PS3 games were shown which includes:
  • Batman: Arkham Asylum
  • White Knight Chronicles
  • DIRT 2
  • Ghostbusters: The Video Game
  • Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2
  • Mafia II
  • Tekken 6
  • Buzz Quiz World
  • SAW
  • Overlord II
  • PS3 version of Fat Princess
  • Dark Void
  • G Force
  • Guitar Hero: Van Halen
  • Pixel Junk Shooter
  • Zombie Apocalypse
  • EyePet
  • SingStar Queen
  • DC Universe Online
  • GI Joe
  • Saboteur
  • Brutal Legend
  • Bioshock 2
  • Lost Planet 2

• PSP Related
  • PSP GO to be coming out Oct 1 price at $249 US
  • LittleBigPlanet for PSP announced
  • Resident Evil Portable announced
  • Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker announced for PSP (Storyline takes place inbetween MGS3 and MGS4)
  • Gran Turisimo for PSP announced. Details is game is to include 800 cars, 35 tracks, ability to trade cars between PSP players to make acquiring cars much easier for players (which will be a PSP-specific feature), as well as a four-player ad-hoc mode. Game is a full stand alone game (not a stripped down version of GT) and release date is for October 1 (sounds like PSP Go Launch Title)
    A Montage of PSP games were shown which includes:
  • Motorstorm: Arctic Edge
  • SOCOM: Fireteam Bravo 3
  • New Monster Hunter Game
  • Soul Calibur: Broken Destiny
  • SMT Persona
  • Invimals
  • Warriors Orochi 2
  • echocrono
  • PSP version of Fat Princess
  • New Hot Shots Tennis
  • Unbound Saga
  • A Hannah Montana game
  • A Petz game
  • A Harry Potter game

PSP Go + GT bundled together = launch day purchase for me! Hell, I picked up my PS3 bundled with the GT5:P on like day 1 lol

Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker announced for PSP (Storyline takes place inbetween MGS3 and MGS4)

Storyline is takes place about 10 years after MGS3, and then MGS1 happens, then MGS2 and finally MGS4.

I stand corrected!

You're right Typevu - I got that that detail from a website. It's kinda true if you overlook the series (which some people will)

but to look at it where it really sits:

Game - Year Setting - Protagonist

Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater - 1964 - Naked Snake (Big Boss)

Metal Gear Solid: Portable Ops - 1970 - Naked Snake (Big Boss)

Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker - 1974 - Naked Snake (Big Boss)

Metal Gear - 1995 - Solid Snake

Metal Gear 2: Solid Snake -1999 - Solid Snake

Metal Gear Solid (also The Twin Snakes) - 2005 - Solid Snake

Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty: Tanker Chapter - 2007 - Solid Snake

Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty: Plant Chapter - 2009 - Raiden

Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots - 2014 - Solid Snake (Old Snake)

Note: the new Metal Gear game - Metal Gear Solid: Rising - is a spin-off fromt he series (the "Tactical Espionage Action" tagline has been replaced by "Lightning Bolt Action")

Edited by BigDirtyJase

[*] New GT5 Demo Video shown - still no release date confirmed (damn)

bah! - I shelled out big bux for a schmick 46" Bravia and PS3 in anticipation of a full release one day. One day alright...2 years and counting. Gotta resist picking up a an 360 for Forza3 but it will be hard!

I was hoping there would be a release date for GT5 this years E3 =( But i know it will be worth the wait. I remember playing GT5 prologue at my cousin's house on a big tv (forget how many ") with a Logitech G25 racing wheel and using the in-car view....it was amazing! I love the amount of detail they put into EVERYTHING! Especially the interior and the light from the sun casting different shadows on the dash.

AND i'm glad they finally released some info on the GT for psp...they announced that in 2004 and now they started working on it again, which is good! Hopefully it will turn out good (which it should). 800 cars for psp...should be fun! :P