SAU Community

M35 Dump Pipe - Making Up A Few

Mine doesnt look anything like that at all. In fact, I would be a bit disappointed if that was on my car. The welds looks like it's being done by an epileptic. I seriously would get them to redo it whole thing.

My system goes from a 3" dump, to a 3" front and then a HF cat, all welded together. An aftermarket one doesnt need 2 cats. 1 is fine to do the job.

So when you need to replace the cat, do they cut the dead one out and weld in a new one?

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So i didnt get to the meet yesterday, was hoping to show you guys whats going to happen, but will have the flanges back this week and will get started on them.

its either going to be 3.5 or 3 inch. will see what pipe fits to the flange best.. aka casted :thumbsup:

• 2 weeks later...

Stainless flanges are cut :P

but waiting on some more things to get cut before my friends pick them up

not long now!!

now i might be chasing up a template as i kinda dont wanna pull my car apart yet :)

so who has a spare dump? or is the garagemak dump here yet from japan? mr jetwreck <3

Stainless flanges are cut :D

but waiting on some more things to get cut before my friends pick them up

not long now!!

now i might be chasing up a template as i kinda dont wanna pull my car apart yet :P

so who has a spare dump? or is the garagemak dump here yet from japan? mr jetwreck <3

Mate its here and I am doing the install at Charstone Exhaust on Monday....you are welcome to have a look at it if you want...it looks to be 3" from the flange...nice unit I must say, especially for $245 :D

Edited by Jetwreck

+1. cats are overrated :D

This isn't directed at you Iain, just generally about the cat vs no cat thing. I've read a lot of comments on here regarding removing the cat...

I see everyone's point on this as far as your car's performance is concerned, but the reason the cat is there is to lower the pollution that cars put into the atmosphere. Is it really a good price to pay just to have our cars 0.1% faster? (and louder).

I do understand that cats are apparently only efficient for a small part of their life, but at least on principle, I think the reason the law states you need to have a cat installed is for responsible reasons. Its not some evil plot to slow our cars down! Its to protect the environment. I'm normally not even close to being a greenie, but I dont see the point in purposefully contributing to pollution just for a tiny personal gain.

Thats my take on it. Feel free to discuss. :P

This isn't directed at you Iain, just generally about the cat vs no cat thing. I've read a lot of comments on here regarding removing the cat...

I see everyone's point on this as far as your car's performance is concerned, but the reason the cat is there is to lower the pollution that cars put into the atmosphere. Is it really a good price to pay just to have our cars 0.1% faster? (and louder).

I do understand that cats are apparently only efficient for a small part of their life, but at least on principle, I think the reason the law states you need to have a cat installed is for responsible reasons. Its not some evil plot to slow our cars down! Its to protect the environment. I'm normally not even close to being a greenie, but I dont see the point in purposefully contributing to pollution just for a tiny personal gain.

Thats my take on it. Feel free to discuss. :D

Understand what you are saying here and I agree. What I don't agree with is the inconsistency of the rules when it comes to emissions. By inconsistent I mean that any car that has done more than 90,000km's should have there cat replaced....do they? No! If it was law to change your cat at 80,000km's then I would and I would be sticking a cat back in. On top of that how many old shitbox's do you see on the road pumping out crap and the RTA does nothing about them.

Sorry I am not having a go at you either I have just had the argument many a time.

having owned a few cars, only 1 didnt have a cat. the only reason why i didnt put one in because i really liked the raspy sound and the nice flames :P

i agree about the envinronmental issues, yes they are bad. and we really should do our bit........ however like O2 sensors, cats have a life of up to 100k (i think its around that) but like craig already said, no one changes them.

however, there is more of a 0.1% power drop. its more like ~3% :D just stirring mate!

Thats my take on it. Feel free to discuss. :D

I hope this makes you feel all warm and fuzzy dude!! :D

When I get my exhaust done after the high-flow goes in I promise I will have a new cat put on :P

There, I've said it :P

Mate its here and I am doing the install at Charstone Exhaust on Monday....you are welcome to have a look at it if you want...it looks to be 3" from the flange...nice unit I must say, especially for $245 :D

Wooh how come so cheap? i wouldnt mind borrowing your standard dump if thats possible? saves me pulling my car off the road for a week or so.

On the topic of cats.. the m35 has two/./ or mine does. and i do not see the point in having that much restriction!! i will however put on a 3inch metal cat when i do my exhaust..

i dont run one on the gtr. bieng a non registered car i dont need too, and i wouldnt dare to cut up my lovely titanium frontpipe/exhaust..

Wooh how come so cheap? i wouldnt mind borrowing your standard dump if thats possible? saves me pulling my car off the road for a week or so.

Because he conned me into not bidding against him!!! Bastard.. LOL

oh was on yahoo?

It was Yahoo / Import Monster. I even had some one in Japan to buy it for me and freight was going to be $30. I could have got it for $160.

I am looking forward to seeing the GB price for the local dump.

I got a quote for a local exhaust from the dump back and I feel like I have really been bent over. Time for some more research and a couple more quotes.

Cheers

Andy

yeah, shit eh i have a friend who said he would get me stuff on yahoo too. haha but i said dont mention that!!! because my bank has taken a pounding.

i spoke with the guys the other night, still is going to be around the 400-450 mark.. but we still need to see what bends we need and all the rest.. he is usually pretty good with his estimates :D

IM for cheapness. No a problem with the loner for the standard dump. Will be available next week.

I hope this makes you feel all warm and fuzzy dude!! :D

When I get my exhaust done after the high-flow goes in I promise I will have a new cat put on :D

There, I've said it ;)

I realise I've come across all green and environmentally friendly. Its not that I care for the environment more than the next guy. I was really just putting it out there - is it really worth doing vs the consequences/bigger picture....?

Just a question to get people thinking - nothing more. :)

I'm all for mods that achieve a big improvement - and I agree that the emission laws currently suck, as do most laws surrounding car modification.

I was just voicing how I personally feel about the issue - thinking aloud more or less - which is why I said "discuss" :)

Because he conned me into not bidding against him!!! Bastard.. LOL

Suckaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhh!

It was Yahoo / Import Monster. I even had some one in Japan to buy it for me and freight was going to be $30. I could have got it for $160.

I am looking forward to seeing the GB price for the local dump.

I got a quote for a local exhaust from the dump back and I feel like I have really been bent over. Time for some more research and a couple more quotes.

Cheers

Andy

Careful Andy. People may be interested in getting stuff from Japan through you instead of IM :D

Careful Andy. People may be interested in getting stuff from Japan through you instead of IM :D

I am on hold at the moment on that front. My buyer broke his leg and is out of commission for 8 weeks. :D:)