SAU Community

Old R32 Needs Some 5k Loving!

Forget Nistune and go the power FC??? how bout save even more money and get nistune. It can do everything the pfc can do + it actually uses the knock sensor. Pretty crap advise I think. I actually sold my PFC to put nistune in. Also if your tuning it your self the nistune software is alot better that the pfc software

Well thats my opinion, if you think its crap, f**k off. Who are you to say my advice is crap? Everyone is entitled to have their own opinion, and at the end of the day its this guys decision.

The PowerFC can have cold start set-up as good as factory.

Why would you need self-diagnostic mode if the PowerFC highlights voltage parameters that are out of range in the Sensor Check through the Hand Controller?

If its tuned properly, you shouldnt need auto timing retard if you are consistent in using good quality petrol. Admittedly its a good feature to have but not a must. There are more people using Nistune than PowerFC so that says something. Not saying Nistune is no-good but the PowerFC must be decent.

I have no knock sensors. 2 years, 12,000kms so far and 360kw, racing and 8,500rpm gear changes and everything is perfect. Why have the computer compensate for poor tuning, reducing power?

The Hand Controller is also handy to watch things like water temp, intake temp, knock readings and anything else if you like.

----

Second hand ECU yes, just make sure it works.

GKTECH arent the brand of cam gears, they are the sellers. Ive used them myself and are good quality.

Yes second hand factory dumps.

Get your turbos from Croydon Racing Developments, or horsepower in a box. Theyre most competitive, give CRD a call, theyre great to deal with, they managed to source my turbos when the turbo drought was on. What you want are the 2560-7 or 2860-7. Theyre the same, 2860s are just the new models as far as I know. If you want to make 350-380kw get the 2860-5 model, but that will stress the engine more. If youre going to track it and drag it then id cap it at 300.

You could be lucky and find a second hand set of drop-in injectors $700-800. If not around $1-1100 new.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nis tune hey? Sounds like the go. Will Hyperdrive Motor Sports in the Perth no how?

Ring them and ask.

The cat is real just modified flanges.

Cool :P

So onto turbos. i have been looking at some and the names are all over the shop. Could some one point me in the right direction?

Should be straightforward. I can't add anything over what i've already said, other than that JustJap price for the HKS GT-SS seems very expensive. Nengun used to be $3500 landed including tax.

• 2 months later...
Ring them and ask.

Cool :(

Should be straightforward. I can't add anything over what i've already said, other than that JustJap price for the HKS GT-SS seems very expensive. Nengun used to be $3500 landed including tax.

Ok guys - I have got the turbos in my hot little hands :)

Now onto the rest of the gear

• Sard 6 x 800cc Injectors R32,33,34 GTR RB26DETT, $789 Delivered (twin spary ) or $689 for single spray.
  • Genuine Nissan Engine Gasket Kit - Nissan Skyline BCNR33 - $350.00 JustJap
  • Ross Tuffbond Metal Jacket Harmonic Balancer - Nissan Skyline BNR32 $675 JustJap (need this as i damaged the current one)
  • JJR Silicone Engine Hose Set - Nissan Skyline GTR (Blue) $299.00 JustJap
  • JJR Intercooler Hard Pipe Kit - Nissan Skyline BNR32 $399.00 JustJap
  • NISTUNE from Hyperdrive (Andrew is awesome guy! Helps me heaps) about $860 with tune but i'm bugdeting $1000 incase something pops up
  • Briaded oil and water lines Ebay for about $300 (waiting for another guy to replay as to what grade/crapness they are)
  • Motul 500V oil
  • Green coolant stuff (can't remember the name)
  • Front Diff (BROUGHT)
  • GT2680 - 5 turbos (BROUGHT)
  • JJR Stainless Dump Pipe Set - Nissan Skyline GTR $399 JustJap (or second hand x-force ones for 350?)
  • Bosche 044 pump $275 JustJap

OK now thats what I have got lined up for the enigne side of things - i'm going to be doing a engine out for the first time so it should be good.

If you can think of anything I should add to the list of modify please do. I would like all types of input. My goal of 300kw ATW should be reached with all that gear?

Thanks

Edited by whiteboy01

I dunno if you have them or not already, cam gears, have them adjusted for midrange torque to help get boost on sooner.. ISC/Justjap/GKTech sell a same (ok) pair for $199

depends on the budget. cam gears give a nice little gain for the money. plus if you do later get cams they are useful for getting the most out of your new cams too.

Thanks. Might look at cam gears and get cams later on - this is only a mild build so nothing crazy.

Just jap seems like the place to get most of the piping and gaskets but is quite expensive for injecters/dumps.

Still hunting around for brangins.

Thanks

Ok guys

Bad news - one of my turbos has let go for good - the car cant idle at all and is blowing enough back smode to have a disco in it.

I have done a compression test and it returned all but one at 150 the forth one returned 142ish lower then the rest.

Booked in for a leakdown test and I will go from there.

It's a shame that if my enigne has let go, i will be going RB30 bottom end and the turbos will be wasted =(

O well - bring on Wednesday.

Cheers

Ok guys

Bad news - one of my turbos has let go for good - the car cant idle at all and is blowing enough back smode to have a disco in it.

I have done a compression test and it returned all but one at 150 the forth one returned 142ish lower then the rest.

Booked in for a leakdown test and I will go from there.

It's a shame that if my enigne has let go, i will be going RB30 bottom end and the turbos will be wasted =(

O well - bring on Wednesday.

Cheers

Ok guys

Brought a RB30 BLOCK for 50 bucks YAY going to get it acid dipped and checked out at my local machinest.

Next on the list is new bearings. Problem is i don't know were to start. Is there a kit you can buy with everything included? I don't think forged is worth it for 300kw or is it? I have notice RIPS are selling "new" blocks with stock pistons for 400hp so i think it will be safe.

Will my turbos be suited for the RB30 or should i go bigger?

Anyways i will continue to read the RB30 thread and go from there.

really? They wont be wasted as such?

I dont believe so especially if you going to stick with a freshened up stock bottom end

I personally have a RIPS stock internal long motor with a GT35R - 1.06 rear and to be honest the exhaust housing is kinda overkill for my needs im only looking for ~330 - 350rwkw

You will piss in that with -5's and have fantastic response I would think there would be some 3L's in the dyno thread running -5s search through there the torque curve would be nuts :banana:

I dont believe so especially if you going to stick with a freshened up stock bottom end

I personally have a RIPS stock internal long motor with a GT35R - 1.06 rear and to be honest the exhaust housing is kinda overkill for my needs im only looking for ~330 - 350rwkw

You will piss in that with -5's and have fantastic response I would think there would be some 3L's in the dyno thread running -5s search through there the torque curve would be nuts :banana:

How much did the RIPS block set you back? Did it come with everything you need?

Thats what i want - crazy torque curve!

I will have a look now.

How much did the RIPS block set you back? Did it come with everything you need?

Thats what i want - crazy torque curve!

I will have a look now.

I got a stock internal Long motor with one of their custom plenums

Didnt purchase it direct from RIPS it was being sold brand new unused by another forum member so i got it for considerably less than what he payed RIPS

They have pricing on the website: http://www.ripsracing.com/products.html

RIPS do awesome work but there are heaps of guys locally that know how to screw a motor together that I wouldnt hesitate in getting to build another motor for me

Also on the computer Power FC @ around $1k is probably best bang for buck and will definately keep you out of trouble

but if you have a little more to spend check out the Link G4 ECU's I was going to go for a Haltec Platinum until I saw what these could do - I just got one direct from NZ

by the time you buy 2 x Z32 AFM's for around $600 your already ahead :banana:

I got a stock internal Long motor with one of their custom plenums

Didnt purchase it direct from RIPS it was being sold brand new unused by another forum member so i got it for considerably less than what he payed RIPS

They have pricing on the website: http://www.ripsracing.com/products.html

RIPS do awesome work but there are heaps of guys locally that know how to screw a motor together that I wouldnt hesitate in getting to build another motor for me

Also on the computer Power FC @ around $1k is probably best bang for buck and will definately keep you out of trouble

but if you have a little more to spend check out the Link G4 ECU's I was going to go for a Haltec Platinum until I saw what these could do - I just got one direct from NZ

by the time you buy 2 x Z32 AFM's for around $600 your already ahead :P

Thanks =)

Going with the NISTUNE only becasue i trust andrew at HYPERDRIVE to tune it.

I might look at secound hand RIPS engines - There engines are quite expensive! Must be a brand thing. Meh

z32 AFM are on my short list as well. Just need the money :banana:

Thanks =)

Going with the NISTUNE only becasue i trust andrew at HYPERDRIVE to tune it.

I might look at secound hand RIPS engines - There engines are quite expensive! Must be a brand thing. Meh

z32 AFM are on my short list as well. Just need the money :cool:

OK guys done some pricing!

• RB30 Short Block - $50
  • Acid dipped and cleaned - $70
  • ACL rebuild kit to NA standards (pistons, bearings ect) $650
  • Nissan Gasket kit - $350
  • Putting the engine together myself with a mate - $Free ;)
  • Reusing RB26 parts $Free ;)

Thats were i'm at the moment. I was reading over the RIPS pricing and standards and they are only using the standard NA pistons and bearing for 600HP. So it must be good enough for me! (unless someone can tell me no?)

Cheers