SAU Community

Overboosting Problem Plzz Help

Hey guys i just finished putting in my hypergear hi-flowed turbo and took it for a spin, but its boosting like crazy, my boost gauge showed that it was hitting round 20psi??? ive got a 14psi actuator and my bleed valve is still set on 12psi from the stock turbo. and even tho its boosting doesnt seem to hav that much power????

any help is help

my mods:

fmic

safc 2 (tuned to 12psi, which is wat i was running on the stock turbo)

turbo back exhaust, no cat

pod filter

040 pump

If bleed valve is set to run 12psi on a 7psi actuator then on a 14psi actuator it will be getting 24psi. Remove the bleed valve and try again. If there is still a issue give us a call.

remove your bleed valve and see if its still doing it. should hold 14psi, you would need to re-adjust it to suit new actuator and turbo.

-alex

thanks for the quick reply alex

ill try that as soon as i get home from work

If bleed valve is set to run 12psi on a 7psi actuator then on a 14psi actuator it will be getting 24psi. Remove the bleed valve and try again. If there is still a issue give us a call.

no worries mate will do, ill let u know how i go

I had a over boosting problem here are some possible issues that could be causing the over boost 1. excessive back pressure causing partial closure of wastegate 2. failing actuator attached to interval/external wastegate 3. failing manual boost bleed valve

I had a leaking bov (prior owner had two atmo and plump back) with a creeeeeeping manual boost controller ($22 boost controller on ebay).

It was fun...... awesome drive at 17 psi until the AFM maxss out

Edited by RipNGrip

opk so i pulled out the bleed valve and put on the stock t-piece, but it hasnt changed anything, still boosts like crazy, it starts peaking at 3500 - 4000rpm, and nothing has change from my stock setup, just the hi-flowed turbo... and sure its boosting, but no power is comin from that boost!!!!

any easy way of checking if the wastegate is actually opening???

could it be my safc 2, maybe the mixtures need to b changed to suit 14psi???

would an ebc fix this problem????

i had similar problem with my highflow. acuators set of 15psi car was bosting close to 25psi with a turbo smart bleed valve once that was removed boost went down to 15psi.

while overboosting i didnt notice any extra kick to what im getting with my current 15psi

yeah i removed the bleed valve...

here is a pic

post-46165-1243991099_thumb.jpg

i also tried changing the "yellow" and "blue" hoses, but nothing seemed to changed

is it correct atm?????

what else should i check, which is the vacuum hose???

Edited by SXY_33

Remove the pipe from the solenoid and plug it straight into the actuator. Ie. 1x pressure source from inlet manifold straight to actuator. Do not plug into factory solenoid.

How does that work?

You put a bleed valve on, set it @ 15psi (using a 7psi acutator) and then put a 14psi actuator in - its still going to be 15psi. There is no magical increase to 22psi because you changed actuator.

I changed my ext gate from 7psi to 14psi, overall boost didnt change (was running 17psi)

Remove the pipe from the solenoid and plug it straight into the actuator. Ie. 1x pressure source from inlet manifold straight to actuator. Do not plug into factory solenoid.

so ur saying that i plug the hose going from the inlet pipe (the one the pod filter is on) straight into the actuator???? and wat just block the one from the intercooler pipe

or do i still use the t-piece and connect it to the intercooler pipe, just avoid the standard solenoid???

another quick question...

i hav a safc2 which i used to tune the ratios for the stock turbo at 12psi. now that i hav the hi-flow and 14psi, should i get it retuned, do my ratios need changing??? or should it still be fine??

thanks again guys

how did u connect both hoses to the actuator :S ?

the small goes to the intake pipe just b4 the turbo and the big one into the actuator