SAU Community

No More Gtr. Sold My Baby Today

Got a decent offer on my r33 gtr so decided to let her go. lil sad but got somethn else!

Think it was time to change brand of cars so i bought myself a xr6 turbo. Yes yes i know... ive joined the dark side.

Just thought id post this up as im pretty wrapped!!

i wont be a stranger to these forums though!!!

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

awwww, well hope u enjoyed the GTR!

tempted to say 'you'll be back' after discovering your car is more at home in the sea lolz....jkz Hows the xr6? wanna give us a quick review

well this is gonna be the car i keep for a few years before i purchase a r35 gtr. :)

Car is fantastic mate. For a stocker it pulls very well. very smooth to drive.

I pick it up by the end of week. For now i was just after a clean, newish car that goes quite well :rant:

xr6 turbo are noice

isn't it like 300rwkw with just exhaust, boost and a reflash of the ecu?

but i guess it suffers with wet weather/ dry traction compared to the GTR as well as the cornering ability

yup 300 is easy on these.

Im not too fussed with flying around corners either. Afterall it is a street car and shouldnt be doin that on the street.

I never took my gtr to the track so might serve me well :)

Heyy why is it that when I posted my 'which new car thread?' a month ago I was ostracized for considering the xr6t? they are an excellent car, we should be proud and feel lucky we have access to something like this on the local car market.

Obviously not a corners car, but last time i checked nissan where not currently offering any kind of NEW rear wheel drive package with boost for under $60k.. or even $150k for that matter :)

As if you sold the GTR man! You put a lot into that thing.

Oh wells, you have to show me the XR6 Turbs when you get your hands on it, sounds nice.

We only get what we do because of government tariffs artificially keeping the local car market comepetetive. Kinda sad you got rid of your GT-R but I can see the logic if you were after a bit more of a daily banger!

congrats on the sale,

am i able to ask what you got for the gtr? sometimes i think about selling mine!

+1

Congrats; I'm also interested to know how much you sold her for (and how long you had it on the market). Clearly the market for Skylines (and virtually all cars) is pretty poor at the moment, and it's a shame the sale price of these cars (particularly GTRs) often doesn't reflect the condition and potential of the vehicles.

GL with the XR6.

you have been passed by another R.

87373914.jpg

40133979.jpg

52956627.jpg

Yeah that's right, you'll be back...

:thumbsup:

lol that is a clone of my best mates gtr, midnight purp, even down to the ssr type C's