SAU Community

How To Get To The Rear Speakes In A R33 Four Door?

jtrb25

as the topic title suggest, how do you get to the rear speakers on the parcel shelf, wanted to put new speakers and couldnt seem to get in there.

any help would be appreciated

cheers james/

It really depends on what kind of speakers you're trying to put in man. Coz if you're going for more power the magnet will obviously get bigger meaning you'll need a bigger hole in the parcel shelf to mount them. Do you have 6 inch splits? or 6 X 9 inch splits? Me my mate are fitting 6X9 inches into his parcel shelf right now and we are using fibreglass. the best thing to do i reckon is to raise the speakers up a bit if you don't get enough clearance mounting them straight on the parcel shelf. Or just cut a larger hole in the parcel shelf make sure you know where the welds are though other wise the whole thing can come off

There's a sticky or tutorial on this - I've got a R33 GTST 4 door and it's pretty easy - take out the bottom on the back seat, then take out the back section of the back seat then pull out the parcel shelf and voula - now i've paraphrased the tutorial which will tell you about the bolts and clips etc. It's not hard and took me about 20 minutes to get to and replace the rear speakers in my ride. My 6.5" dropped straight in

Seek and you shall find.....