SAU Community

2000km Pos Service And 370z

handbrake

Just sent off the GTR to Von Bibra at the Gold coast for the 2k POS. The service Manager drove up from there to pick up my car in Brisbane and dropped off a new 370Z.

I suspect trips beyond Brisbane though will be too far for them according to guys from the sunshine coast who have purchased from there.

They have so far been very helpful and eager to please. will post how the experience goes.

Mentioned track servicing and they actually feel the obligations are a bit much and seem open to discussion on this etc

Here is a pic of the Z car.

It is certainly getting some attention on just its first trip out, though that might have something to do with the fact it is canary yellow.

Missing my GTR already though....

gallery_56949_3197_692290.jpg

Edited by handbrake

yeah the 370Z is not a bad little car. tough to assess though after stepping out of the GTR

just as with the GTR, I think the 370Z looks better in the flesh, really nice proportions

not sure why the sat nav in this car isnt in the GTR though :D

Edited by handbrake

Ugly in yellow - but it comes in quite a few great colours GT-R does not - titanium, blue........plus it has nav, he he he, GT-R suckers.

PS: just joking, relax, alrite.

Edited by rehab2010

you guys realise that the GTR can be serviced at Moorooka Nissan in Brisbane?

So you let the service manager drive your GTR from Brisbane to the GC and back????!!

Thats some trust you got there.

I thought the exact same thing, I'd never let someone drive my (future) GTR those distances.. No doubt he'll give it a few thrashes on the highway etc... only reason he's collecting it cause he gets to drive a 370z up and a GTR down and then back again.. who wouldn't, try asking for the same service for a micra lol...

Edited by martz

I thought the exact same thing, I'd never let someone drive my (future) GTR those distances.. No doubt he'll give it a few thrashes on the highway etc... only reason he's collecting it cause he gets to drive a 370z up and a GTR down and then back again.. who wouldn't, try asking for the same service for a micra lol...

sure do know moorooka are there but trying to remain loyal for now to the selling dealership and see what I get back (30 min to Moorooka for me, 60 to GC). they seem very eager to do what it takes to keep me there even after blunt discussions about track use, servicing costs, alternate oils, brakes, warranty BS etc. Basically trying to develop a relationship with them. If no dice, I tell them I'm off to Moorooka or a third party independent.

They currently are being good though have yet to test the waters seriously,

REgarding them driving it, they break the car they pay for the car. I think they are suitably careful. only the dedicated service guy and the manager are ever to drive it.

strategy may end up all pear shaped but thought it worth a try

Edited by handbrake

I seriously doubt he will thrash this thing more than I will :P

yeah I can understand all that, (that's actually what I thought the case was)... when the time comes to buy the GTR for me (beginning next year) I could just as easily buy it from the gold coast rather than moorooka depending on price and level of service..

yeah I can understand all that, (that's actually what I thought the case was)... when the time comes to buy the GTR for me (beginning next year) I could just as easily buy it from the gold coast rather than moorooka depending on price and level of service..

will keep thread up dated on level of service for your decision. alternatively pm me when decision time comes

Got the car back on Tuesday and had a rattle from the left ?under the car, was a loose bolt for the panels under the car.

service guy kindly drove to brissi to spend 2 minutes identifying and fixing it for me. They take the panels under the car off during servicing so will probably happen to people from time to time. hopefully useful info for others if you get a sharp almost metallic sounding rattle/vibration in the car. check under by tapping the panels in various locations to identify. I did this but not centrally enough to uncover the loose bolt in question

its ugly that is all :)

I first laid my eyeballs on it at FGN when taking the R35 for it's first service and...... :)

What's up with that rear end (Bum)......looks a bit weird from the rear.....

But hey I would not call it "UGLY".......Will be getting it for the day on my 10k service

and telling you guys all about it then.........

PS: It's a hard life but someone has to do it.....

• 1 month later...