SAU Community

Work Meisters

lilkaaay

I picked up a set of work meisters: 114.3x5 18x11 & 114.3x5 18x10

Basically I want to paint strip all the old clear coat and then have them re-polished and have the finished product re-sealed.

I also want the centers powder coated black.

Does anyone know any places that do this? Preferably in the city area, or Hawthorn, Kew or Richmond area...

I don’t want my three piece to be taken apart.

I took one to this shop in whoop whoop land and they wouldn't do it so now I am looking around.. pls help!!

-Karla

worx3.jpg

worx2.jpg

Edited by lilkaaay

^^I was just gonna say that.

Damn Karla!

Hot Wheels!

Have you tried a panel beater?

Yes I have taken it into a panel beater, they suggested something different to what I have in mind, I thought about it and then changed my mind... so instead they forwarded me the contact details of a wheel place. I took one wheel in and they said that they did not want to do the job, they did not have the time...

I had a spray painter attempt to do the job on one wheel but again it was not what I want.

Keeping all my options open, I don’t want to take it to more than one place... I want to drop it off somewhere and pick them up, polished, re-sealed and powder coated.. ready to put the tyres on.

Edited by lilkaaay

just pull them apart, get the dish polished and sealed and the centers powdercoated. why bother not? if you get them painted togeather, you rae going to have tape lines and more dramas

Yes I have taken it into a panel beater, they suggested something different to what I have in mind, I thought about it and then changed my mind... so instead they forwarded me the contact details of a wheel place. I took one wheel in and they said that they did not want to do the job, they did not have the time...

I had a spray painter attempt to do the job on one wheel but again it was not what I want.

Keeping all my options open, I don’t want to take it to more than one place... I want to drop it off somewhere and pick them up, polished, re-sealed and powder coated.. ready to put the tyres on.

Ah can... Don... Do it for you..?

If not try Graeme Cuthbert Automotive.

They deal with Prestige cars so their quality of work will be great.

http://www.cuthbertautomotive.com.au/

Ah can... Don... Do it for you..?

If not try Graeme Cuthbert Automotive.

They deal with Prestige cars so their quality of work will be great.

http://www.cuthbertautomotive.com.au/

No he cant unfortunately. He does not polish wheels but he will be painting my car again. Not sure if I want to go back to pearl white or paint it black or a darker gun metal. STUCK!! LOL.

Anyways thank you, I will keep Graeme Automotive in mind... cruize soon yeah?

Edited by lilkaaay

No he cant unfortunately. He does not polish wheels but he will be painting my car again. Not sure if I want to go back to pearl white or paint it black or a darker gun metal. STUCK!! LOL.

Anyways thank you, I will keep Graeme Automotive in mind... cruize soon yeah?

LOL!

Go Pearl White car with polished lip on black centre Work Meisters (Like you said).

When you get the clear coat off, you could even just polish it yourself LOL! Start rubbin' Karla.

Would look friggin tuff!

Yeah cruise soon but my car will be going to Graeme Cuthbert Automotive to get fixed as I got rear ended... Damn it!

When I get my car back we do a meet up again.

Keep you posted.

LOL!

Go Pearl White car with polished lip on black centre Work Meisters (Like you said).

When you get the clear coat off, you could even just polish it yourself LOL! Start rubbin' Karla.

Would look friggin tuff!

Yeah cruise soon but my car will be going to Graeme Cuthbert Automotive to get fixed as I got rear ended... Damn it!

When I get my car back we do a meet up again.

Keep you posted.

The person who attempted to fix one wheel started rubbing it back and it went wrong!! Luckily it was only the size of a five cent piece... I took it into the panel beaters and they had a go, still bad news!!

As for the doing it myself... the panel beaters suggested to mask it up and paint the centers black and i got all excited because I wanted the painter to do three and then i wanted to paint one of them myself just for fun but then I decided that i want them powder coated.

hello

try these places

Ajax Wheel Repairs

Cnr Exley Drv & Ewar St

Moorabbin

VIC, 3189

Australia

Contact Details

Ph: (03) 9555 7737

Ace Alloy Wheel Repairs

U6/ 67 Shearson Crs Mentone 3194

(03) 9584 8229

Coburg Mag Wheel Polishing & Repair Centre

Flag no.4

27 Audrey Ave Coburg VIC 3058

ph: (03) 9354 4641 Wheels & Rims—Automotive

The Mag Wheel Centre

15 Palmer Parade Richmond 3121

Tel. + 61 3 9421 1266

out of all them Coburg Mag Wheel Polishing & Repair Centre was the best for my needs to re-machine/polish the dish, powdercoat the spokes to what ever colour i wanted and reseal the rim. im guessing thats what your after?

I might need one, because the work result done by a well known wheel place around cheltenham just peel itself off and flake off after 3 months... very unhappy with their worksmanship and basically at $180 cost they don't wanna know about it.

I found that they did not use a primer before recoating, and probably didn't put a hard coat on that's why it's peeling off...

out of all them Coburg Mag Wheel Polishing & Repair Centre was the best for my needs to re-machine/polish the dish, powdercoat the spokes to what ever colour i wanted and reseal the rim. im guessing thats what your after?

that sounds good... yes i want them re-machined, polished and powder coated and re-sealed. do u know roughly how much it costs?

i got quoted $110 per wheel (if you have rubber on the wheel they will remove it for ya) but that was fixing up gutter rash also. if your rims don't require any fixing i guess it will be cheaper

but i was also getting 8 wheels done so the price may have dropped a little bit.

hope that helps. best to call them. cant remember who i spoke to but they were very helpful

i got quoted $110 per wheel (if you have rubber on the wheel they will remove it for ya) but that was fixing up gutter rash also. if your rims don't require any fixing i guess it will be cheaper

but i was also getting 8 wheels done so the price may have dropped a little bit.

hope that helps. best to call them. cant remember who i spoke to but they were very helpful

thank you that helps a lot!

Go to Wheel Solutions. They can do exactly what you want and they do an extremely good job.

They are on 560 Church street in Richmond. Right behind Fitness first.

They fixed my Volk GTS and made it immaculate.