SAU Community

Hey guys,

did service on car, changed fuel and oil filters, oil and trannie oil. opened air flow meter and cleaned air filter car running smoothly be4 hand but just in need of change. After complete turned car on as normal... idled fine... although as went to rev, it spluttered and acted as though it wanted to die.

also is the airflow meter prongs ment to be soldered inside the flow meter.

any ideas would be heaps apreciated ?????

CHeers Josh

did you cover the box whilst it was off??

only took it off blew in there and put it bak together. do u think it may be a smart move buying a induction kit because repco/supercheap/autobarn. dont stock airflow meters for non turbos

I had a problem with my revs in my 33 gts4 too, constantly jumping and sounded like it wanted to stall.

I changed my air filter & cleaned the throttle body... hasn't done it since.

I had to replace my AFM as mine stopped working (suspect due to using an oil-type pod filter). I ended up sourcing a 2nd hand replacement off someone wrecking their car on the forums - For reference it's the same AFM on NA as Turbo.

Cheers

chicane

Edited by chicane

I had to replace my AFM as mine stopped working (suspect due to using an oil-type pod filter). I ended up sourcing a 2nd hand replacement off someone wrecking their car on the forums - For reference it's the same AFM on NA as Turbo.

Cheers

chicane

id have to disagree. the NA and turbo AFMS are deffinitely different. GTST computers dont like NA AFMs, and likewise. different part numbers

• 3 weeks later...

I have an AFM from my r33 gts4 n/a if you want it.

It has the pink label on it and was working fine when I took it off.

I thought something was wrong with it so I bought a new one, turns out it was fine the whole time. Massive waste of money on my part... but I was planning to change it anyway as a maintenance thing.

If you want it pm me :-)

Hey guys,

did service on car, changed fuel and oil filters, oil and trannie oil. opened air flow meter and cleaned air filter car running smoothly be4 hand but just in need of change. After complete turned car on as normal... idled fine... although as went to rev, it spluttered and acted as though it wanted to die.

also is the airflow meter prongs ment to be soldered inside the flow meter.

any ideas would be heaps apreciated ?????

CHeers Josh

Just a question, what filter are you running?

When you cleaned it did you put too much oil on it? or are you running one of the dry apexi filters?

Apparently if there is too much excess oil on the filter it gets stuck to the metal prongs in the airflow and will cause the airflowmeter to give a faulty reading.

The other thing is to clean your throttle body as it can get dirty and cause the rough idle etc, you'll be suprised at all the junk in there especially if you're running an aftermarket filter without a box.

I'm not a mechanic, these are just some of the things I have discovered since owning my r33. I work for toyota and a few of our mechanics own skylines (traitors I know haha) so that's who I grab all my info from... they haven't led me astray yet :D