SAU Community

Who Is The Best Tuner In Australia?

When spending $20 000 plus on a strong 600hp rb26 it's very important that it gets tuned right the first time. I have been looking around for awhile and heard all the stories but who to believe.

So who is the best to tune a street and track 600hp rb26 running power fc ?

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When spending $20 000 plus on a strong 600hp rb26 it's very important that it gets tuned right the first time. I have been looking around for awhile and heard all the stories but who to believe.

So who is the best to tune a street and track 600hp rb26 running power fc ?

depends where you are. I would suggest Yavus @ Unigroup or Mark @ Godzilla, if you are in VIC then Racepace

from personal experience & after back to back tuning from 3 other tuners (names disclosed) i vouch for CRD, im in the same position as you - engine rebuilt $$$ & ready for dyno tune over the next week or so.

unigroup is also great but only from what iver heard

hmm depends i have far more respect for tuners in other fields like race bikes (ten times our engine technology), jet, boats and southern 80 boats and especially race aircraft...... put simply if you tune a plane wrong it ends in death.....

its all about what vehicle and for what application..... carb, injection, land, sea, air etc....

Drag tuning (EFI) is by far one of the simplest facets of the tuning game.

Edited by URAS

hmm depends i have far more respect for tuners in other fields like race bikes (ten times our engine technology)

i miss my race bikes days :P

regarding bike tuning depends on what ecu it is running as most use a 'power commander' which has the same respect & marketshare as the ever famous 'powerfc' :laugh:

bikes rock (so do GTR's)

u live in sydney so i think u should drive past CRD & you will see a stack of street, circuit & drag cars...they often have a waiting list of 1-2weeks for a dyno tune!

this to me is a very good sign :P

Mmm it's a bit of a subjective question..

For nissans in Vic +1 for Racepace, have used, I have no issues recommending them or using them again...all good.

Who can take a rainbow

Wrap it is a sigh

Soak it in the sun

and make a strawberry lemon pie?

The candyman?

The candyman

The candyman can

The candyman can cause he mixes it with love and makes the world taste good

lots of good tuners to use around now days that you would have no problems with at all...

its more of a question of not going to the few that try to push the boundaries too far or just simply dont know what they are doing!

^ sooner you grow up the better for the forum.

Your snide comments of late and attempts to draw comments/attacks all the time are getting boring and making you look like and idiot.

Please grow up or i'll stick you on post review - ive asked nicely once already.

Anyhow... Who is the best? Its totally subjective.

Everyone will have thier own view, some people have bad stories of places, good stories of others.

Simply put - you do your own work. Ring around and find the tuner that suits you best.

Although considering you are spending 20k on a motor, surely there is a tuner that is associated/known or even the workshop thats putting the motor together?

If your building yourself i'd be more worried about your parts/assembly than the tune to be honest. And thats not to say you will do a bad job... just that there are many little tweaks to get a RB26 more reliable that only people doing them regularly will know

Cheers

... just that there are many little tweaks to get a RB26 more reliable that only people doing them regularly will know

Cheers

very very true.

on topic: if your in SE Queensland, then you have a few big name tuners to consider. I use Gavin Wood @ Autotech, there is Matt Spry @ PITS, Mick O'shea @ Signature Performance and Peter @ ProTorque off the top of my head, all who have tuned big HP cars and work on a variety of ECU's.

I think Nismoid said it best, "Anyhow... Who is the best? Its totally subjective.

Everyone will have thier own view, some people have bad stories of places, good stories of others."

I have been around classic Chevys, speedway and hotrods long before I got into late model turbos and can tell you if you ask 50 people who have been to the same big name workshop you will get at least 10 that thought they were ripped off.

Any tuner can have a bad day. Some make an appointment and get caught up with another car with a problem and it can get annoying when you have been waiting so long for this big day.

Then again, I went to a big name tuner a few years ago to have my Unichip installed and tuned. They didn't start till 3.00pm then finished it in 30min. I drove it home and no change what so ever. I took it to Jim at Croydon and he tells me the wiring isn't right so he fixes that then 2hrs on the dyno later I couldn't believe the difference, just amazing.

You would be shocked to know the Unichip installer.