SAU Community

Skyline Space Frame

Risking

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

were going to mould off an original GTR and modify the glass pannels to suit.

Ill make plugs then the final product will be a composite material simply for the weight factor

ok i am just about to have our guys do a wide body kit for my GTR, i was thinking that i might get them to do an entire front so it can be lifted off in one piece.

That and the doors should make quite a difference, i will see how it progresses as only a few days until the GTSR arrives and that will be # 1 priority for a few weeks so might not get it done for a month or so. We are set up for carbon fibre too but lets see how it turns out, how much wider are you going to run the car?

haha group buy then...I'll take a set for our sports sedan too :P Local regs allow up to 100mm wider, and I assume Brad is using GTR dimensions as a base (ie it will be log booked as a gtr not gtst for the extra base width).

Mine will be 100mm per side larger than a GTR. It will resemble a skyline but wont follow the same body lines.

It will have a GT car style front with the tires sitting well up inside the guards and so forth.

A normal wide body wont cut it due to the ride height.

Chassis rails are 55mm off the ground so you can imagine the bulk the guards are going to need to cover the tires.

Ill put some recent photos up tonight. I now have alot of the chassis done. Just need to do better front legs as im not happy with the ones I have and then can finish the main part of the cage.

yeah from the rear

Floor will be within the guidlines

Flat under the car except bwteen the wheels as per the regs.

Ive decided to lower the budget on this car and probably put it up for sale when its finished and competative.

Or ill donate it to Jay to drive and ill remain the owner, I dunno something will happen with it.

Already there is things I want to do differntly so ill be building another once this is complete.

I really want to do an inboard suspesnion set-up and change the control arm layouts around but now the main chassis is done its to hard to do so ill save the ideas for next time around

Edited by Risking

fear not Duncan i didnt sell it and we have a new style haltec ECU they want tested for bugs so she will live again. and we have 7 guys working on bloody cars these days lol so she will still get her dose of lovin even if its someone else lol.

I will send you some pics of the current body kits under development, We have an EVO kit now that is what you looking for Brad its now over 180mm wider and sits 35mm off the ground with a full flat bottom, wind splitter, rear difuser etcetc. For the time attack car we are building. Not all that bid a deal i wouldnt think to do the same with the skyline.

Is the car 35mm off the deck or just the body kit??

My actual chassis rails are 55mm off the black stuff. so the body of the car will actually have to sit alomost level with the chassis rails. Min 40mm rule sucks

It'll be fun to get onto the trailer with that kind of ride height but meh.

I dont think it would be possible to get a skyline that close to the ground without doing some major re working of the suspension. I know Johns Z car is no where near that low and I dont know about marks R34 but I suspec alot of that is body kit hanging down

Edited by Risking

Duncan can you email me the current rules again,

I seem to have lost them and google is not working for me.

I can widen it 100mm per side yeah?? Ive had a bad feeling its 100mm total but im sure thats wrong!

And on a side note the other GTR got a new gear box yesterday.

We pulled the old one down its got a shattered 3rd/4th selector fork. Its absolutly smashed to bits.

Edited by Risking

55 mm Barr hahaha

Please take a vid of how it is done once the car is complete. I am 100 mm and i have 3 mtr ramps and it still needs persuasion.

It is good to see the car taking shape. Top work. :laugh:

im not sure how it will be done yet,

the current car has 4m long ramps and is 80mm off the ground. it JUST get up onto the trailer deck.

Im going to have to get a new trailer to take the width so I may have to custom build it and make the trailer lower to the ground as well.

massive thanks has to go out to peter at Bonds roll bars for his help today.

I was having a few problems getting front legs that would work with the chassis design and didnt have the time or patience atm to bend them up. They could not be too tight to the a pillar due to the body shell needing to be removable but they had to be a neat enough fit to look okay and do the job.

Peter came to the rescue and made me up a set of perfect fitting legs this morning. They are close enough to the pillar to tag neatly but far enough away to make shell removal easy and possible.