SAU Community

M35 Arx Really Bad Fuel Consumption Help And Vics Not Working

Heya Everyone,

Could you please help my problem? Just purchased a M35 and the VICS info doesnt work, it doesnt show my green leaf etc! It has got me worried that some kind of error has come up in JAP and I cant understand it. I have only gotton 200kms of a half tank of 98 BP and that was grannied everywhere.

I have tried to do the error code diagnostice, but after I fully depress and unpress 5 times and then hold I dont get anything. Key is on position just before cranking.

Is there a tutorial or how to use guide on the onscreen menu jap to english?

Cheers

post-50667-1244455714_thumb.jpg

post-50667-1244455758_thumb.jpg

post-50667-1244455802_thumb.jpg

post-50667-1244455835_thumb.jpg

I can see that the Green leaf is registering as the stem of the leaf is green.

The bottom button that is highlight when pressed is the History (as you have already worked out) the top button (use the wand to select the upper button) resets the results back to 0 (or **.*) as on your screen. It looks like you have reset the unit and not driven any where yet.

Depending on the driving you are doing and what sort of terrain it is on, the economy is about right.

I get around 500 km a tank (65-70L to fill) when commuting in heavy Sydney traffic.

Also, does anyone know how L does the auto trans take? and what oil to recommend? also is there a diff or 2 diffs oil aswell? how many L for the diff?

Also there is a problem when i start the car from cold, there is no auto choke, it sill start and bog down and nearly stall then stay at 600rpm wether its cold or hot. Could a part be faulty hence not giving me the green leaf aswel? o2 sensor?

cheers

Cheers for the reply andy, so when I pressed the reset button and drove the car the stars remain and the green leaf doesnt go up and down.

How do you read the history graph?

Cheers

The leaf should be going up and down when you drive.

The history graph shows each record you save, ie, when you reset it records that result.

You can see that there is some history on your shot but it is odd that it is not recording now.

I know that if you have a TV override button (so you can view TV while moving) that the Trip meter does not record distance traveled but I am not sure what would stop the economy guage working. Is the Trip meter working (it is the selection below the Fuel economy)?

Only other thing I can think of is that your O2 sensor may be failing. But that does not really make any sense.

Not sure i know what else to suggest.

Cheers

Andy

That trip meter, is that the one that starts with a timer and km's travelled and gives the average km'h you have travelled in that distance? if thats the one then yes that is ticking over. However the compass doesnt work, it doesnt change direction etc.

Hrmm... very sad I cant get this to work =( I beleive you got yours at northshore prestige aswell?

That trip meter, is that the one that starts with a timer and km's travelled and gives the average km'h you have travelled in that distance? if thats the one then yes that is ticking over. However the compass doesnt work, it doesnt change direction etc.

Hrmm... very sad I cant get this to work =( I beleive you got yours at northshore prestige aswell?

Yes, I got mine at North Shore.

Yes, that is the right one with the clock.

That sounds very odd because the trip meter uses the GPS to measure distance.

Have you pressed some of the buttons in the menu's in VICS section?

Cheers

Andy

Really would give Ben a call... Might be worth Tony giving it all a quick once over and I'm sure than Ben would also go through the menus with you...

Hey,

Problem is that Iam in Adelaide so hard for them to have a look at it, might give them a call then but dont know if they will help me.

Ben will help you.

He still answers my questions and I bought my car over 2 years ago... I am in Melbourne.

If only all retailers/sellers viewed customer service the same way.

Needless to say, Ben has had repeat business through me and I would dare say the same could be said for a number of guys on here.

btw, did you buy that Burgundy ARX?

I am pretty sure he did, Ben said my exhaust went to Adelaide!! LOL

He got the Legalis exhust, lucky bastard. >_<

Hahaha!

So YOU were the "guy" who was interested in the Nismo exhaust (it was on the burgandy ARX)... I enquired about that car, but Ben said that he would probably sell the exhaust separately as he had a guy who was interested in buying it.

My wife took one look at the exhaust on that car on the website and banned me from buying it...

Now if I had know then that the dual outlet on the stock exhaust was a fake then I might have had a better look around Ben's workshop when I collected the car....

That reminds me, must drop Ben a line, the new rear window button they sent did not fix the window release problem...

I am pretty sure he did, Ben said my exhaust went to Adelaide!! LOL

He got the Legalis exhust, lucky bastard. >_<

Nah I didnt get the exhaust, I wanted it but someone got it already =( I got the Gold one. Cheers for the help everyone, ben isnt in today so will try tomorrow, hopefully he can sort out the problem,. and ill post the how to fix on here so if anyone in the future has it etc =0

I tried disconnecting battery but the memory in the tv is still there. How did you know i tried to reset the ecu 8 times? I am still trying but the check engine light doesnt blink when I hold the pedal down. =(

How did you know i tried to reset the ecu 8 times? I am still trying but the check engine light doesnt blink when I hold the pedal down. =(

There are 8 columns with no data to the right of the last history record.

My wife took one look at the exhaust on that car on the website and banned me from buying it...

But she doesn't have a problem with mine??

...or did you just not want to tell for fear of hurting my feelings? >_<