SAU Community

Gt-t Or Gts-t

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

thanks birds I can pick up a r33 for $11990 veilside body kit, GTR grille, fibreglass vented bonnet, custom boot pods, shaved boot, ganador mirrors, 18" shaddow chrome Kaotik rims, hybrid front mount intercooler, blitz BOV, Apexi boost controller, air flow converter, NISMO carbon fiber gear knob, Momo steering wheel, GTR

seats and door trims, K&N pod filter

and the r34 for $10500 Coil over suspension, front mount intercooler, aftermarket alloys exhaust and mags

so 12k for an older car thats been raped with terrible mods, or 10.5k for a newer car that hasnt?

mmm

Yer price is definitely wrong on the R34. Guessing it's a non-turbo. This is where most of my justification for the R33 comes in...you can't beat them bang for buck. Sure they are common...but that's where a good challenge is, in making a standout R33. It's also hard to find an example that hasn't been thrashed or modified beyond recognition. What you really need to do, more than listen to us (except for listening to this part that I'm about to tell you), is go check out some R33's and some R34's, then make a decision based on your own experience.

Tipping this "cheap" R34 is the only reason you're interested in an R34, so I'm going to assume you'll end up with an R33 or continue saving for the R34 because 10-12k sounds like your budget for this one.

I've owned both

Personally I preferred the R33 but really it comes down to the condition/deal of cars on your short list.

Both are great cars.

thanks for ya thought thats 2 for the gt-t

No worries!

>_<

something is not right here. $10500 for a GT-T?

Yeah, something does sound wrong, the price is to good to be true...

R34 GTT are going for about $19,990 down at Carizma International in Melbourne.

I would defiantly check out the R34 with a 'fine tooth comb' and get it inspected throughly.

But first up check to see if it is N/A or Turbo.

Would be a good assumption that the 34 is only a GT for that price. If its really a GT-T...I'd be very, very wary.

I went through the same choice not too long back...oh the 33, i love the 33...but the 34 is newer...less ks...that sort of thing.

So what i did?

I bought a Series 3 R33 GT-R.

=D

The guys are right though - was the same with me and my GT-R...i walked onto the lot, saw it there, went for a ride and just had to have it. You will know when you find the right one.

go the GT-T......its newer and less common

Yeah that works well on paper, but in practice...assuming this GT-T is going to be "newer" to some sort of advantage, or even a GT-T for the price...is pretty silly. Perhaps read the rest of the thread?

Ultimately finding a decent Skyline isnt gonna be cheap and can be a fairly long process with lots of homework involved. for an extra 5k youre more likely to end up with a better car overall. And you wont get a decent GT-T for much less than 20. I would consult redbook on this one, and look further than the two cars youre looking at. Perhaps worth a look at some reputable dealers or something similar to get a better idea?

And i mean reputable...cuz there are some real crooks out there.

I was going to spend some time writing out a reply, but it would have just been what lukebaldan has already said.

- Preference.

- How much your willing to spend.

Just look around and try to find a nice example.

Edited by gersfan

I have the perfect picture to compare front ends of the R33 GTST and the R34 GT-T. The front is my R34 GT-T Man Coupe 98 with Nismo Kit from factory and Jun eyelids. The R33 is my mates series 2 front end which I personally think is the best front end for a R33 GTST. Its pretty obvious to see the R34 has more of a aggressive look.

post-59003-1245117012_thumb.jpg

post-59003-1245117440_thumb.jpg

Edited by KEN-R34

I have the perfect picture to compare front ends of the R33 GTST and the R34 GT-T. The front is my R34 GT-T Man Coupe 98 with Nismo Kit from factory and Jun eyelids. The R33 is my mates series 2 front end which I personally think is the best front end for a R33 GTST. Its pretty obvious to see the R34 has more of a aggressive look.

post-59003-1245117012_thumb.jpg

post-59003-1245117440_thumb.jpg

Only if it has the Nismo kit though. GT-Ts with standard kits dont look all that imposing at all really. Like personally i love the nismo kit and when looking for a 34 i wouldnt want one without it...but the 33 definitely has its good points. I'm sure the 34 does as well but i cant speak from experience =b

Thank for all ya comments and thoughts. :rofl: I've got about 15k to spend on one. I'm going to test drive them both this weekend to find out wich one I like driving as for looks they both look pretty mean.

With 15K there's no question about it...go for a late model 33. Then keep the rest in case you smash it or for unaccounted expenses / modificatons. Any 34 GT-T manual you buy for 15k is going to end up costing 20k anyway.

If your comparing your R34 GTT with the NISMO kit you should be comparing it with an R33 GTS25t Series II standard bumper with the NISMO front lower lip or the 1998 R33's 40th Anniversary front bumper(which IMO looks the best on an R33 GTS25t).

P.S. nice R34 GTT, except I'd burn the wheels though - like I'd throw em deep down inside a Volcano.

R34 GTT are going for about $19,990 down at Carizma International in Melbourne.

hi thnx for the place

is there any more locations that import cars are sold in australia ?

thnx