SAU Community

Japanese Supermarkets?

N1GTR

Mmm they look pretty shit, so much of the jap biscuits/candies looked almost fake IMO.

Like going to maccas and asking for a big mac, then getting one that looks all glossy like the one in the pic on the menu :)

Next place to try is the place in Melbourne. Not sure when im driving there next though so may just have to get them mailed up (and ill have to get a few packets to make it worthwhile). You in for an order or your ones? You could pick them up from my place

well ive got my gf on the hunt for my ones lol.

but if you do see them available somewhere, let me know. i'll get them delivered if interstate to save you the hassle.

funny how sugary snacks bring ppl together ;)

tokyo mart is about as good as it gets. a few random chinese/korean/japanese supermarkets in the city near my place carry some japanese sweets but you need to just hit up a few as it's a bit hit and miss.

stock does vary from time to time at tokyo mart too.

If your in Southeast Queensland you might wanna check out Fujimart in Southport Goldcoast, its just off Ferry Road i think thats the name of the street, its inside a centro shopping center. Also might want to have a look at the Korean and Chinese shops around sunnybank, but i highly reccomend Fujimart, Stock varies from time to time but they have all the popular Jp snacks and drinks.

• 1 month later...

I'm heading over in November and you guys are making me even more excited than I already am. I love treats. hopefully, I'll find a few new favourites so I'll stop eating Koh Kae all the time. Those delicious little shell covered peanut treats will be the death of me. You know something is good when the only english on the packet says "NON STOP CRUNCHY!!!"

Really....? Non-stop....? So this is what the rest of my life will be like.......CRUNCHY!!!

• 5 weeks later...

There is a company across from my work called japanese food corporation, which imports food of course. In sunnybank, there is many asian shops that deal in all asian food, but one in particular is called yuens market. I will have a look when i go back to my girlfriends house next week, as she lives in sunnybank.

• 2 weeks later...

Hahaha actually funny you mention that, i just ordered $80 worth (Toppos) from a place in Victoria, if that all goes well we can get teas etc and combine shipping (which is a ripoff for just toppos).

next time im down there ill buy a sh!tload :P