General Meeting - Tuesday 16 June

Bec

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yeah was a great meeting, nice to catch up with a lot of people I haven't seen in ages :P I got a hoodie too! Thanks to Andrew for sharing his targa experience, was interesting hearing about the history and the different stages while watching the awesome footage on-screen. Crazy fast driving, yet very smooth and a well deserved win. Those POV-1 in-car recorders take quality video!!

i might get "chirps second" printed on the back of mine later on :P

yeah seemed to be a good turnout, considering iv never been to one before, i knew TJ and that was it :blink: but yeah, worht the 3hr drive i rekn, even just to see the new GTR ;)

i might get "chirps second" printed on the back of mine later on :P

yeah seemed to be a good turnout, considering iv never been to one before, i knew TJ and that was it ;) but yeah, worht the 3hr drive i rekn, even just to see the new GTR :dry:

yep it all happens in Melbourne, you finally got the use of your Membership ! discount hoodie :blink:

pfft im still waiting for the club hoodie, cause all i can see is a GTR hoodie.

May as well slap on some GTR badges on my GTST as im stepping out with this GTR hoodie cause I dont see any difference between the two.

Why not go with the universal GT badge or the lights or even the word skyline?

Im sorry to say but myself and others arent keen on prancing around with GTR plastered on us when we are happy with our GTS/t

Also, whats the deal with copying the "beach to burger cruise" which Kris and I planned? (and AP to post details under his event org status)

Didnt know it automatically becomes sau-vic property with no credit or even a mention to us about a second one being planned with same name and venue.

Very poor form Sau-Vic

Also, whats the deal with copying the "beach to burger cruise" which Kris and I planned? (and AP to post details under his event org status)

Didnt know it automatically becomes sau-vic property with no credit or even a mention to us about a second one being planned with same name and venue.

Very poor form Sau-Vic

They dont give us executive roles as events co-ordinators but are all good to steal our cruises and ideas... lovely...

thats coz you guys don't own a gtr and arent elitists who drive expensive cars which you don't actually own

i've noticed this from the club also, clear segrigations of groups, a club shouldnt be like this.

i recon there should be more input from the members, when decisions are made.

100% agree with pat and kris

I too would have found the hoodie more appealing were it not for the GTR symbol. Not demanding something else be made...but just saying I would have bought one if it had, say, SAU printed on it instead of GTR. Or maybe just the Skyline afterburners? The equivalent of putting GTR badges on my GTS-T were my exact thoughts and words Rekin!

Interesting meet and good to hear from Andrew about his Targa experience.

If you have a look at the committee you will notice that no-one actually owns a GTR. infact there is everything from evos to 180s to gtst to the Box.

As for the cruise... heaven forbid that the guys who volunteer their time run with something that i am guessing was successful again for other members to enjoy.

lol i kinda have to side with the boys here. SAU logo instead of the GTR logo would have made it epic. Hell I even made the SAU logo resemble the GTR logo for that reason that there'd be instant recognition, but minimal segregation.

As for the cruise... heaven forbid that the guys who volunteer their time run with something that i am guessing was successful again for other members to enjoy.

Wouldnt hurt to involve the people who actually created this event the first time to contribute to the second instead of it being claimed as an "Sau-vic event." When its not.

Reason why Im arching up like this is because the first beach to burger cruise Kris and I hosted, the club passed it off as a past event at the sauvic meeting. Although that was a bit annoying, I let it slide. Now that its popping up again, especially as an unpcoming event, I get the feeling whats the point of going to the effort in actually setting up cruises without the help of sauvic yet they take the credit?

Not only that, you also declared the Beasts From The East photoshoot a past sauvic event and put Basti on the spot to review it because none of the sauvic execs had a clue what it was even about....

I think the club should review itself because at the moment it appears that anything under the victorian section seems to be property of sauvic and it was all planned/setup by the sauvic club....

On the other hand, the DECA events are tops :D and I hope my comments havent banned me from future deca events :)