General Meeting - Tuesday 16 June

Bec

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

it does look good. the material is also really good, like keeps you nice n warm and is oh so soft on my naked skin.

I like wearing my hoodie. And only my hoodie... :blink:

Just like to add after reading all the comments:

1. Ash is very special - he has the carisma and confidence to pull off the president role very well which is something most of us can't do. Having sat on the committee for about 3-4 months, I can vouch for how much time the whole committee put in, it really is staggering.

2. The hoodie won't be to everyone's liking, nature of the beast whenever you are in a leadership/design role you ruffle feathers/get people offside/don't meet everyone's taste. Going forward I do think it is a good idea to have club input on design and then leave to committee to finalise. That said, I am perfectly happy with the hoodie and Bec can vouch, money was paid without even seeing it as I believe this club is one worth supporting and one I have confidence in doing the right thing for members (having been a member of other car clubs before).

3. Anyone who can do better, nominate yourself, voice your thoughts at a meeting to the audience. Ash summed it up very well in one comment "if you can talk about it on a forum, you can talk about it here".

4. Ash is a cock for making me wait until 9pm for my hoodie as I missed Millionaire Trader's and have had to download it! That said, Snowy's prensentation was ace and well worth listening to.

End of.

Just like to add after reading all the comments:

1. Ash is very special - he has the carisma and confidence to pull off the president role very well which is something most of us can't do. Having sat on the committee for about 3-4 months, I can vouch for how much time the whole committee put in, it really is staggering.

2. The hoodie won't be to everyone's liking, nature of the beast whenever you are in a leadership/design role you ruffle feathers/get people offside/don't meet everyone's taste. Going forward I do think it is a good idea to have club input on design and then leave to committee to finalise. That said, I am perfectly happy with the hoodie and Bec can vouch, money was paid without even seeing it as I believe this club is one worth supporting and one I have confidence in doing the right thing for members (having been a member of other car clubs before).

3. Anyone who can do better, nominate yourself, voice your thoughts at a meeting to the audience. Ash summed it up very well in one comment "if you can talk about it on a forum, you can talk about it here".

4. Ash is a cock for making me wait until 9pm for my hoodie as I missed Millionaire Trader's and have had to download it! That said, Snowy's prensentation was ace and well worth listening to.

End of.

Nah that's not the end, just after we finished arguing you decided to go and start it again. Did you really read all the comments and miss the part where I volunteered myself and explained why nothing was said at the meeting (even though it was)?

Committee works hard, tries to please members, Ash is gun etc. etc.

No one has argued against that. It's been said over and over by lots of people, including we who only ever offered our criticism on specific issues and made valid points to back them up. It's not like we didn't make suggestion on improvement or alternative solution. It's quite okay for the committee to make a mistake, and it's quite okay for people to say that they have...even if they are a vocal minority. Total devotion without question or criticism = religion. And fark it was an opinion/suggestion...I did not demand that the committee go back to the drawing board and try again. What I don't like is the rejection of this criticism whilst simultaneously claiming you're there to address it. And attacking someone's method of voicing their opinion is just silly; something I would expect from politicians during pre-election campaigning. You say give the committee a break, I say give us a break!

Edited by Birds

I think Alan was just putting his view out there. He hasn't started anything, you have.

Remember not everyone has access/posts all day. Some are only on once a week, and are entitled to say their bit and so be it.

He like everyone else is allowed an opinion - doesn't mean you need to give yours a 3rd/4th time, we know where you (and others stand), if anything you are trying to start it again by beating the dead horse :D

Birds - Firstly my post was not aimed at anyone specifically, it was a general response based on my own experiences. Since you have chosen to feel it was directed at you, I assume it is this part of your post you are referring to:

Tell you what, I would be more than happy to serve in some unofficial role as a member representative...whereby people who wish to address an issue, but do not want to bring it up at a meeting, can contact me and I will proxy for them at the monthly meeting so that the committee can take criticism on board and have it presented to them in a constructive manner.

If so, to dream up a role and offer to act as it is a far cry from an elected role that the club deems necessary. The committee members go a long way above just typing smack on here to ensure all paid up members have something to enjoy and get their moneys worth from. My post 2 prior was detailing my personal experiences with SAU VIC and having been in the position of a club executive, I know only too well about people who post up criticism but cannot do any better themselves and having been on the forums for long enough have seen it numerous times, so while you may have the best intentions (except for taking my post personally), not everyone does. There are too many keyboard warriors who can voice their opinion with their online homies but at the next meet, go up to Ash and tell him about the design or send a PM/Email.

Birds - Have a re-read.

Ash - exactly, I don't have time for much more than 1 post a day max let alone have time to start an argument

Here - photos (thanks for hosting for me Az)

Sleeve

hoodie-arm.jpg

Front

hoodie-front.jpg

Back

hoodie-rear.jpg

Wow!

The hoody does look nice.

Similar layout to my HATEBREED zip up hoody with the GTR logo wrapped around the side and the SAU logo down low.

You think we could design a new one next year with the NISMO logo as well?

Atleast it appeals to all Skyline's as it is Nissan Motor Sport.

Just a quick thought...

Still, well done to the design team for your effort! :D

Good constructive suggestion^

Watch out though, you may be labeled a keyboard warrior. Unfortunately, as nice and equally representative as a Nismo hoodie might be, you will probably find it in breach of trademark to create one.

Ash man, we had a page or two of people just posting pics, having a laugh about it and then someone comes along bringing up points again...and whether it was aimed at people or not, it was made in the context of this thread. Who cares if saff hasn't had his opinion yet...he's touching on dead issues and all that's going to do is revive them. How about I go and find a long standing argument of a thread and post my unheard of opinion in that? According to your logic I'm entitled to it, but who would want to see any of the old fight again? Clearly I DO need to give the opinion for the 3rd/4th time...that's what you have to do when people don't listen and go accusing you of being something you are not or doing something you haven't.

saff, that's exactly why I "dreamt up" that role. So that "keyboard warriors" (people with opinions?) could not be accused of being just that and nothing more. Ash wanted feedback in the meetings...that's what that role was intended to offer. This is again another instance of saying "we are happy to do this for you" and "do it this way", then something is done or a suggestion is made and you brush it aside or offer up a negative label to the people involved. You said "anyone" and "anyone" includes me, so as general as your statements may have been, be prepared to take a response from "anyone". I did talk about the issue to Ash through PM and we resolved my side of it.

Somebody close this friggen thread before the hypocrisy and segregation (yes I said it) makes my head explode.